Part 18: Insomnia

Yoongi lay awake staring at the roof as he heard gentle breathing coming from the man next to him.

He had been lay awake for over a hour trying to sleep, but like most other nights failed due to him not feeling tired in that moment.

Yoongi sighed which was enough to wake Jimin who's eyes fluttered open sleepily as he said "Hyung?" in a deep groggy voice.

Yoongi hummed in response not sure if he actually heard his name get called out or not so not wanting to risk waking Jimin if he wasn't awake.

"Have you managed to sleep?" Jimin asked burying his face into his hands as he moved his hair off of his face.

Yoongi sighed before whispering "Nope, i'm sorry if I woke you up." apologetically.

"You didn't wake me, I normally just cat nap through the night." Jimin said as he stretched a little before yawning and facing back towards Yoongi.

"That's good, naps are good." Yoongi said tiredly since he couldn't sleep.

Jimin paused for a moment before deciding to ask "Why can't you sleep?"

Yoongi wasn't sure how to answer so shrugged then answered "I don't really know. I like sleep it's just hard."

Jimin nodded in understanding still half asleep.

He raised his hand and then began playing with Yoongi's hair.

Yoongi looked up then back to Jimin who's eyes were focused on the elders head who then mumbled "Your hairs fluffy."

Yoongi chuckled lightly feeling more sleepy for some reason which he could only assume was because of Jimin.

Yoongi moved slightly into Jimin's touch which made Jimin continue to play with his hair.

"Does listening to music help you sleep?" Jimin asked trying to come up with ideas on the spot to help Yoongi get some rest.

He nodded shyly in response since he didn't tend to let people know he struggled to sleep or what helps since it made him feel vulnerable.

"What type of music?" Jimin asked quietly still playing with his hair.

"Anything really..." Yoongi whispered then yawning.

Jimin hummed as he tried to think of a pretty sounding song he could play which he had saved on his phone.

Before Jimin could think of a song Yoongi tiredly asked "Would you sing for me?"

Jimin quickly replied "I can't sing-" but was cut off by Yoongi who cutely said "Please?"

Jimin thought for a moment before deciding he may as well so he replied "Any requests?"

Yoongi smiled happily then saying "Spring day."

Jimin knew the words so the only thing stopping him was his fear of messing up in front of one of the songs producers and performers.

Yoongi could see the hesitation so placed his hand on Jimin's then saying "You don't have to."

Jimin sighed lightly as a small smile crept on to his face as he said "i'll sing if you promise not to say anything about how bad it is." Yoongi nodding in response.

Jimin took a breath before starting to sing, Yoongi humming along until he slowly fell asleep.

Jimin continued to sing and play with Yoongi's hair until he was sure Yoongi was asleep then going to sleep himself.