One month Two month

Winter was a horrid, cold weather and and sticky snow that stuck to the site and made it somehow even colder, it was a bitch.

Kondraki huffs and mutters out a soft finally as he places his clipboard down. He waits for most of the people in the test building to get their belongings before standing up and grabbing his own. This was one reason he hated going off-site.

The whole delaying of mail and the amount of people he had to endure. Being a boss with SCP butterflies following him only made the situation worse. He had to deal with hearing site directors crying from miles away, the roaring sound of all of the people talking as well as the loud rumbling of the SCP they were doing a test on.

He tries his best not to growl at how long it takes him to get out of the building and get to his site's vehicle. It was this the time he wishes he was finally at home in his warm bed, under his warm blanket, with his equally warm lover in his arms. But hes miles away and on his own meaning he still has to drive the two and a half hour drive to get there.

Kondraki wants nothing more than to get home and be with his family. He smiles at the thought of Clef being giddy knowing he was arriving home today. The whole month he spent in site 11 Clef had sent numerous letters and had also told him that he has a surprise waiting for him when he gets home. And of course, that only made the want to get home stronger.

Kondraki let’s out a breath of relief when he steps inside of the vehicle and breaths in fresh warm air. It was surprisingly a cloudy day and he was happy because the heat wasn’t as bad. He makes his way to his beloved fencing trunk and stuffs his suitcase up beside it before seating himself in the passenger seat, making a small motion to the Agent in the driver’s seat. He pulls off his glasses and rubs the fabric of his shirt against it, humming softly to himself as he relaxed deeper into the chair. He isn’t ashamed of the big smile that grows against his lips as his thoughts drifted to Clef.

It’s nearing six thirty when Kondraki finally pulls up the dirt road leading to the site that became his home and livelyhood. Kondraki will forever be grateful that Clef had managed to worm his way through Kondraki’s tough walls and convinced him to stay at the Foundation. Otherwise, Kondraki thinks with a click of his tongue and a bashful snicker, he would still be in the charred state his life had been. The butterflies practically shutter in place in unconcealed excitement, following Kondraki's twitchy example as he finally got out of the car. Kondraki pops open the trunk and steps around the door, quickly grabbing his luggage before rushing to the Foundation door. He doesn’t have to find his key because it opens quickly and is ambushed by a tall ginger man screaming at the top of his lungs.

“You’re here! You’re here! OH THANK FUCKING GOD HE WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY!” Bright screams loudly, pulling back from his hug to start dragging Kondraki by his coat. Kondraki doesn’t waste a second before he pulls out his walkie talkie, smiling in the warm welcome home's he got from the others, his lips only pulled back in a curt motion of sadness at the lack of a honeyed voice he's been craving to hear since he left. Bright stopped him in front of his door and grinned, giving him a curt thumbs up before leaving him to his own devices. Kondraki shakes his head softly and barks out a whispy laugh, pulling his hand from the walkie talkie to the door hand. After a few momentary wiggles, and deep in his mind he thought about going to the 05 to finally fix it, he steps inside and places his suitcase at the door. The home was how he left it, none of the supposed, 'crazy ass ptsd shit' ,as Bright so kindly put it, cleaning sprees Clef went on.

Clef then walks out from the kitchen, a rag in hand, and then not, the fabric falling to the floor as his heterochromiatic eyes widened like a deer in the headlights. He let out a puff of breath alluding to a laugh and throws himself in Kondraki’s open arms, giving him a long kiss on the lips. He smiled wide and let out a laugh, louder this time, as he patted Kondraki's coat. He buries his face into Kondraki's neck as the other man leaned down, taking in the feel of his lover and feeling himself relax knowing he is safe and back home. He lets out a chuckle when he feels Kondraki’s chest rumbling against his own, a softer but deeper laugh matching his own.

“You're back... You're really back....” Clef states exasperatingly when he brings head up from Derek’s neck, blinking at the other with a worn expression. Kondraki tries not to melt at how soft Clef's voice was, the natural honeyed tone laced with whispy undertones close to exhaustion but not quite there.

Kondraki smiles and presses a chaste kiss against his lover's warmer lips. “I was only gone a month.” though even he had to admit the distance was killing him inside.

“A week is a long time to be without my husband and lover, a month is almost unbearable. I struggled a bit but Bright did his best to help me not worry so much.” Clef exhaled, rubbing his teeth together has he reluctantly pulled away from the warm embrace that was entirely fixated and recognisable as Kondraki's own.

“I know. I could feel his distress through the phone as he was yelling at me.” Kondraki chuckles at the memory, linking his fingers with Clef’s own and pulled him to the living room.

There, finally without the stress of the Foundation (for a week no less, thank god for vacations), both men sat down on the couch and Clef immediately snuggled in close to Kondraki, humming as the other pulled the blanket from the top of the couch up and around them.

Clef brought himself up closer, cheek against Kondraki's shoulder as he burried himself into the warmth of his lover. He let out a content sound, Kondraki's own wordless reply catching up to the other's swiftly as the fluttering of butterflies slowed to a stop as they all rested against the couch along side Kondraki and Clef.

Kondraki eyes wavered from the welcoming scenery to his lover pressed close to him. He watches silently as Clef bites his lip and his fingers, specifically on his left hand, twitch, a sign he learned over the years showing that Clef is nervous to ask or say something. The taller man gently squeezes the other against his chest, letting him know he can say whatever it is he want to say.

The other male's hands unclasped, revealing nothing but a necklace that Kondraki, so great that his mind remembers his first date with his husband, gave to  Clef all those years ago.

"I think I missed you too much, I've been sleeping on your side of the bed without meaning to."

Kondraki only laughed in reply.

(here ya go Letmeread222)