Short shot #1

Pale lips and teeth spoke in the dead of night, melancholious tunes of grief followed every soft breath of air. It was an inconstant chatter, cooing and coughing sounds towards a memory that won't be and can never be pure and sane, like a mouth ridden of inconspicuous order, spilling thoughts and secrets to nothing. The cold form shivered even under the many layers of bedding, twitching in its cocoon of false safety that would not last, the sun was blearily rising along the horizon now. Gears wished he could pull the sun back down, give the man clutching him some sort of reprieve of the day that tested his sanity.

It chittered now, quick little wisps of words peaking before falling from its quiet crescendo of unspoken names from dogtags and bodies splayed disgustingly apart and solid. A fire that burned coldly in a ball, curled up like a kitten’s paw. Gears pressed an open palm against the other’s shoulder, dragging his hands up and down paleish blue arms that rose with goosebumps from the warmth. His emotionless expression cracked, falling into soft remorse as a clear cold tear escaped clenched blue eyes.

“Oh Julian…” Gears whispered softly, cupping Iceberg’s blue tinted cheek in his palm “It’s ok…”. The body curled into him, cheek pressed against his chest and the shivering chatter slowed, soothed by the arms cradling him close. “You’ll be ok… I promise.”