Ballet

Sonder was a twisting weave, fluttering between the lines of life that bursted at the seams with vibrancy and emotion and the darkness that clawed away at the white noised silence of sleep, in intertwined cord that once strung moved together in vibrating harmony.

And sometimes sitting there with a hand on his cup he would remember while watching his assistant stutter on tense knees that he was also living a life that is equally vivid and complex as the one he lived in. Though it did twist his gut in a knot that his assistant’s life will inevitably end while he continues to move in others bodies like they were originally his own.

He was struck with a feeling of adronitis, pulling at the skin of his teeth to speak aloud and ask a question ‘where are you from?’ ‘What’s your story?’ ‘Are you okay with working with me?’ ‘Are you okay with me?’ but he kept his teeth snapped shut and chose to watch the other man move with the stumbling grace of a newborn fowl, not yet ready to use his legs to run across the plains of life.

He chuckled once, and his assistant flushed and apologized quietly, waving a hand in an almost ‘don't mind’ motion.

Alexithymia danced around on his heartstrings, landing a perfect Plié, bending a knee in a form of elegance ready to thrive and jump into the stage lights and stabbed down into his core. A warmth bloomed, unforgiving and melting like lava in the depths of his stomach, his brows furrowed once and the twice more. Confusion and realization bloomed in dark roses after, mixed together and fused enough to where it confused his thoughts trying to think.

A breath wavered like a tour en l'air, questioning, and his thoughts snapped back to the reality that was his closed off office quarters. His assistant stood in the middle, hunched with a catchy of papers tight against his chest, with his head cocked to the side far enough his hair brushed with gravity and fell to the side.

He raised his head once he looked at him, coughing out a short “I have to go to Section B, Dr. Bright.” and waited, it almost escaped him that his assistant needed his permission to drop of the papers for him.

He shook his hand once with a sigh as he was leaning back in his chair, his assistant turned a deep Pirouette, he never knew that his assistant mostly stood on his toes when turning, and watched him leave in a flurry. He was questioning still, emotions rampat as he melted into his seat in thought.

His confusion lasted like a wilting willow, bent over and shading the landscape of his mentality with a reprise from the rain of instability, holding it back as his thoughts drifted to the more pressing matters his heart tugged him to.

The agent assigned to him raised his head with a cocked brow and a wave to him and his disappearing assistant before becoming as stoic as stone again, the only thing betraying him was the small but noticeable tip of his gloved fingers tapping against the butt of his weapon, ready for action. Before the door shut all the way he spotted another doctor walking by his room with a familiar smile, flipping through the papers clipped to his clipboard haphazardly.

A minute later he could hear a crash and the same doctor cursing aloud as papers most likely spilled from his board.

They sprouted like blossoms at random intervals, always around people he deemed like-worthy and understandable though it was a platonic suit with the people he knew in his group. Most married already or having no preference in him in general to ever form those feelings, not that he wanted to, the heartbreak was still fresh even after a couple years, a ballet of foreboding was quick in action.

His emotions for those people other than his closer friends was not platonic, he knew from falling down the hole once before that it wasn't, but he didn't know what to make of it.

He shrugged once to himself, brushing it off as his emotions growing weary and smiled when the door opened. Dr.Clef’s snarky “Oi Jacky-boy.” a welcome distraction from the emotionally damaged meltdown brewing in his chest.

He’ll ask about it later.