Return of the Gladiator

"Great job training today, guys. We're really getting the hang of Voltron," Shiro praised, the Paladins except Pidge walking into the dining room with you walking next to them in your regular clothes. "Seriously, how far do you think my lion kicked that broken alien ship?" Lance asked, stopping in his tracks with Keith and crossing his arms, "Must have been like a mile!" "Yeah, that'll come in handy when the Galra challenges Voltron to a soccer match," Keith replied sarcastically and you stopped walking while Shiro and Hunk continued. "Hey, I did something cool and you can't handle it. I get it," Lance said, looking to the side then smirking at Keith.

"Your kick ruined our balance. We fell," Keith stated, furrowing his eyebrows at Lance, then following after you towards the dining table. "That falling part was Hunk's fault," Lance hissed, you sat down next to Hunk as Shiro sat down in the front. "Hey!" Hunk whined, taking off his helmet. "All right, save your energy for fighting Zarkon," Shiro sighed, leaning back into the chair and the doors open, Coran stepping inside. "Hello guys, and lady! How was the Voltron workout?" Coran asked, walking in with a plate covered. "They're getting there," you answered, not seeing a suspicious look in Lance's eyes as he stared at you.

"Are you and Allura almost done fixing the Castle so we can leave this planet?" Shiro asked, sitting up and Coran stood at the table, "I feel like we're sitting ducks here on Arus." "Just about. In the meantime, to get your minds off those ducks seats you're worried about, I made you guys authentic ancient paladin lunch," Coran said, placing the plate on the table and revealing what's inside. You and the males groaned, you covered your mouth from the smell and turned your head. "Coran, you just got me hooked on that goo and now you're switching it up?" Hunk asked, looking at Coran. "This is packed with nutrients," Coran added, ceasing his eyebrows.

Hunk leaned towards the alien food, taking a sniff, "Oh, it smells disgusting!" "I know! That's how you know it's healthy!" Coran stated, taking in the smell while Lance held his nose and Keith making a disgusted face. "Coran, we're on a planet now with fresh herbs, spices, and whatever this thing is," Hunk explained, holding a plant in his hand, "A tuber? Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm going to head back to the kitchen and spice things up." You stood up, walking towards Keith and you sat down across from him, he looked up at you.

"Better?" Keith asked, flashing you a small smile with Coran and Shiro talked about Pidge's whereabouts. "Yeah. Thanks for that, Keith," you said, catching Lance's attention, "I just keep thinking that I'll see him again." "Him? Who's him?" Lance asked, butting into the conversation and Keith groaned. "None of your business," Keith growled, suddenly three cups of delicious alien food appeared. "That's amazing, Hunk!" You yelled, your eyes staring at the alien food while Lance chuckles. Lance and Keith wolfing down the two while you snagged one before their eating things touched yours. You slowly ate, seeing Keith and Lance eat fast while Allura walked in.

"They like the paladin lunch!" Allura said, watching Keith and Lance wolf down the food. "I don't want to talk about it," Coran said, holding his head up with his arms crossed. "I just got the final nebulon booster working," Allura said, smiling at Coran, "We should be able to leave Planet Arus tomorrow and take the fight to Zarkon." You gasped, hearing the alarms beeping and blaring, red lights flashing. Lance and Keith stood up, Lance slurping the noodles into his mouth as he stood up. Allura swiped her hand, a holographic screen showing the bridge with a small creature trying to be stealthy.

"What is that?" You asked, tilting your head. "I don't know what it is. Maybe it's a local Arusian," Allura confessed, everyone staring at the holographic screen. The creature with horns yelled, holding a sharp looking dagger or sword and running to hide behind another branch. "He's approaching the castle," you said, watching the small creature, "And he's so cute!" "Aw!" Hunk awed, both of you staring at the creature with smiles. "Doesn't look too dangerous," Lance said, shrugging his shoulders. "You never know," Keith said, his bayard appearing in his hand and Lance looked at Keith over his shoulder. "No. Alteans believe in peace first. Let's go welcome them," Allura said, her eyebrows ceased then turning her back on everyone as she walked towards the doors.