Born Again

My name is Willow.

A few months ago I met an alien from a different planet and fell head over heels for him.

Travelling with my cousin, Rose, and a few more faces.

However, times have changed and I'm not exactly sure who the Doctor is now.

The big-eared man has vanished, replacing him with a new man.

Worst of all, he's not Northern anymore.

***

Willow and Rose stood there in awe and surprise at this new man in the Doctor's place. A few minutes ago, he practically exploded. Now someone else stood in his spot. Abruptly, the man sped over to the console and started controlling it like the TARDIS was his. "6 PM... Tuesday..." He muttered.

Rose still held onto the pillar she hid behind earlier, while Willow was hesitantly moving towards the mysterious male. "October... 5006... On the way to Barcelona!" He turned a knob, muttering again. 

Eventually, he straightened up and faced the girls with a grin. "Now then... what do I look like?" He asked as if they knew who he was. However, the girls didn't have a chance to speak. "No, no no, no no no no no-no-no. No. Don't tell me."

Both were bemused by this man but Willow was mostly intrigued by him, especially when he was patting himself down as if he had never seen himself before. "Let's see... two legs, two arms, two hands... Slight weakness in the dorsal tubercle." His hands flew up to his hair, thoroughly stroking it. "Hair! I'm not bald!"

He ran his fingers through his hair gleefully. "Oh, Oh! Big hair!" His palms glided down his face, reaching his sideburns in delight. "Sideburns, I've got sideburns! Or really bad skin. Little bit thinner..."

The man tapped his stomach twice, feeling around. "That's weird. Give me time, I'll get used to it." Suddenly, he shot up in surprise. "I... have got... a mole. I can feel it."

Willow felt Rose's breath tingle the back of her neck, her fear could be sensed. She placed a hand on Rose, eyeing her. "Don't move."

His shoulders rotated slightly, not noticing the girls' expressions. "Between my shoulder blades, there's a mole. That's all right. Love the mole." Eventually, he turned to them with a wide grin, ready for assessment. "Go on then, tell me. What do you think?"

Willow timidly took a few steps forward. "Who are you?"

The man appeared slightly astounded by her question but a smile remained on his face. "I'm the Doctor."

"No... Where is he? Where's the Doctor?" Her voice rose, wanting to know where the real Doctor was. This couldn't have been him. "What have you done to him?"

"You saw me, I, I changed..." He threw back his hand, gesturing to the spot where he appeared. "Right in front of you both..."

Rose slyly shuffled towards her cousin "I saw him sort of explode, and then you replaced him, like a... a teleport or a transmat or a body swap or something."

Willow nodded in agreement, pushing her hand against his chest. "Exactly. You're not fooling us!"

The fake Doctor did not interject, in fact, he appeared lost for words. Willow took a few more steps in his direction, attempting to act tough. He rocked back on his heels in disbelief, though the girls did not seem to notice. Rose came up Willow's side and spoke once more. "I've seen all sorts of things. Nano genes... Gelth..."