Army of Ghosts

The Doctor, Willow and Rose arrive home to discover that ghosts are appearing all over the world. The culprits? Torchwood.

This is where everything changes.

***

"Planet Earth. This is where I was born. And this is where I died. For the first nineteen years of my life, nothing happened. Nothing at all. Not ever. And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end."

On a planet, the Doctor, Willow and Rose watched as stingray-like alien creatures flew across the dusky sky and around the rocky plains they arrived on. It was almost magical.

The Doctor faced Rose. "How long are you going to stay with me?"

She smiled at him, her eyes drifting over to her adoptive cousin. Willow grinned, knowing her answer all too well. "Forever."

The thing about the relationship between Rose and Willow, it was special. They had grown up together, Willow was there on the day she was born. They shared many memories and joyful moments. Even though she discovered that she was not of her Earth, she still didn't care. Rose saw her as a sister, though she wasn't sure that Willow saw it that way.

"That's what I thought. But then came the army of ghosts. Then came Torchwood and the War. And that's when it all ended. This is the story of how I died."

***

The TARDIS materialised in a corner of a children's playground, which wasn't inconspicuous in the slightest. The sky was blue and the sun was shining down on the trio as they exited the TARDIS, Rose and Willow were carrying two bags full of washing for Jackie; it was a beautiful day.

They strolled all the way to the Powell Estate, eventually arriving at Jackie's flat. "Mum, it's us! We're back!" Rose called out.

"Oh, I don't know why you bother with that phone. You never use it!" She complained, coming to join them by the front door.

"Shut up, come here!" Rose embraced her mother.

As she hugged her daughter, Jackie exclaimed. "Oh, I love you!" 

"I love you!" She replied.

Then, Jackie let go and embraced her niece. "I love you so much!" Willow grinned as she comforted her for little bit. Behind her, the Doctor tried to sneak past but Jackie noticed. "Oh no, you don't. Come here!" She let her go, grabbing a hold of the Doctor and kissing him like he was her own son. He tried to protest against but Jackie didn't care. "Oh, you lovely big fella! Oh, you're all mine."

He struggled to escape her grasp. "Just, just, just put me down!"

"Yes, you are." She kissed him again before letting him go. "You're going to be family so get used to it!"

As she returned to Rose, the Doctor secretly used his sleeve to wipe Jackie's saliva off his face in disgust. Willow smirked smugly, giggling under her breath as she and Rose handed Jackie their washing. "We've got loads of washing for you. And I got you this." She took out a small object they had bought. "It's from the market on this asteroid bazaar. It's made of, er, what's it called?"

"Bazoolium." said Willow.

"Bazoolium. When it gets cold, yeah, it means it's going to rain. When it's hot, it's going to be sunny. You can use it to tell the weather." She continued.