Epilogue

The rest of this story is told by Pony's point of view.

Anniepie wasn't kidding when she said she'd stay by Johnny's side. She sat next to Johnnycake's grave for the rest of her life. Me and Sodapop would bring her food and water every now and then to keep her alive as much longer as possible. She died a little over a week after Johnny and Dally.

Johnny told me about Anniepie's plan for when he died while we were still at the church, late at night. I look at him. "Well, she's six."

"I know she is, but that's a really dark thing for a six-year-old."

"She has a really dark life  for a six-year-old! You're her only source of happiness." I look past Johnny at Anniepie, who's sound asleep. I'm assuming the nightmare hasn't started yet. "I'm not saying I don't agree with you. I'm saying I understand why she'd say that."

"Me too." Johnny looked down as he laid down on the floor and we fell asleep.

Anniepie never found out Dally died. We never told her, but a few hours after her funeral, I went over with the rest of the gang to where she was. "What?" she snapped.

"We want you to come home," Soda said. Two-Bit continued, saying "We love you!"

"And I love you guys too." She started to tear up. "But I just can't live with myself anymore. Plus, The Dingo is just a walk away. I can live off what they have."

Now Steve's stepping in. "You can't just live off of milkshakes your whole life."

"Why not?"

"It's not healthy."

"Good."

We spoke with her for hours before she just went completely limp. 

No one at school knew about her. He never talked about her to anyone else aside from the gang. When we asked him why, he'd say, "I don't want to tell a Soc about her in case they jump her." I agree with him just a little bit. I'm supposed to write a true story for my theme, but No one knows about Annipie,

And I need a good grade or else I'll get held back.