chapter 1 - The Birthday

Outfits in the external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Elena: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 2.14 "Crying Wolf", on the dock of the Gilbert Lake House, Elena Gilbert stood outside on the dock, wrapped in a blanket.

Stefan Salvatore wrapped his arms around Elena from behind, kissing her on the cheek.

Katherine Pierce: (voice over from 2.07 Masquerade) "Do Elena..."

From 2.22 "As I Lay Dying", in the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon Salvatore and Alex Gilbert continued to kiss passionately in front of the fireplace.

Katherine: (voice over from 2.07 Masquerade) "Alex..."

From 2.11 "By the Light of the Moon", in the pouring rain, Cristian Hunter and Liv Gilbert looked at each other for a long moment, smiling, kissing for a few, long, endless moments.

Katherine: (voice over from 2.07 Masquerade) "And Live enjoy having all of you worship at their alters?"

From 2.19 "Klaus", in Alaric's Apartment, Klaus Mikaelson walked out of the wooden crate, looking down at Alaric.

Elijah Mikaelson: (voice over from 2.20 The Last Day) "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline."

From 2.20 "The Last Day", in the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan, Alex and Elena were sitting on the couch.

Kaylin and Nicola Salvatore were sitting in two chairs on either side of the couch.

Elijah was standing in front of them, explaining. "The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting."

From 2.21 "The Sun Also Rises", in the Quarry, there were flashes of Klaus killing Jules the werewolf, Jenna Sommers, Elena and Alex.

Elijah: (voice over from 2.20 The Last Day) "But if he breaks it, he'll be a true hybrid."

From 2.21 "The Sun Also Rises", in the Quarry, Klaus transformed.  

From 2.20 "The Last Day", in Damon's room, Damon and Alex were talking.

Damon tilted his head sadly. "I can't lose you."

Alex looked at him sadly, shaking her head. "You won't."

Alex slowly turned for the door, taking a deep, steadying breath, starting to walk away.

Damon rushed in front of her, making her gasp. "There is another way."

Damon put his wrist to Alex's mouth so he could feed her his blood, even while Alex didn't want to.

Cristian arrived, pushing Damon off of Alex.

Alex fell to the floor, having blood on her lips. She was in shock, horrified.

Liv and Elena knelt next to Alex.

From 2.21 "The Sun Also Rises", in the Quarry, Klaus opened his eyes while feeding on Alex. They were changing, taking on an orange glow within the red that was starting to fade. More veins came to the surface of his skin underneath his eyes.

Alex's eyelids fluttered. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

Liv opened her eyes.

Alex died in Klaus' arms.

Stefan: (voice over from 2.20 The Last Day) "She'll come back as a vampire!"

From 2.21 "The Sun Also Rises", in the old witch house, Stefan and Damon carried Elena and Alex into the house, taking them to the couch, lying them down.