chapter 17 - Break On Through

Outfits in the external link 

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Bonnie: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 3.15 "All My Children", in Nicola's hospital room, Nicola was in bed.

Alaric, Stefan, Damon and Kaylin were talking to Meredith.

"The sickness her mother had?" Meredith asked. "Nicola has it."

Stefan looked at Kaylin sadly. "Astrocytoma."

"A tumor," Meredith answered. "It's laying on the muscle around her carotid artery, which blocks the blood flow to her brain."

Nicola was awake now.

Meredith and Alaric walked out, leaving.

Stefan, Damon and Kaylin walked toward Nicola.

Kaylin walked closer. "Listen. I know that you don't want to turn. I'm sorry that we weren't there for you before. But you can't give up, okay?"

Nicola sighed. "Okay. I won't give up. Tell Meredith to set a date for the surgery."

Kaylin, Stefan and Damon smiled small smiles.

From 3.14 "Dangerous Liaisons", in the painting room, Kaylin and Klaus were talking.

"Rosalita screwed both of us up beyond compare, so that we would hurt each other even if we loved each other," Kaylin told him.

"I believe that we can fight it and break through, make it to where she has no control over either of us anymore," Klaus told her.

From 3.15 "All My Children", in the Town Square, Klaus was sitting on the bench, looking at Kaylin. "Shouldn't we take a chance at breaking the damage that has been afflicted upon us and see if we can get back to the way that we were before before Rosa got to us? Intoxicated with love, without harming each other in one way or another?"

From 3.15 "All My Children", in the library of the boarding house, Stefan looked at the glass of blood for a moment, turning away without touching it.

Kaylin: (voice over from 3.15 All My Children) "How long has it been since you've had a drop of human blood?"

From 3.16 "1912", in the police station, Damon and Alex were talking.

"Blood withdrawal is a bitch to go through, isn't it?" Damon asked.

From 3.16 "1912", outside the Grill, Damon transformed, biting the woman on the neck.

Alex smelt the blood. She stopped walking, starting to transform out of instinct, pushing it down.

Stefan smelt the blood. He stopped walking, rushing toward Damon, pulling him off of the woman. 

Kaylin: (voice over from 3.16 1912) "Neither of you are gonna survive this cold turkey thing. Go on, have a bite."

"Why are you doing this?" Stefan asked. "You both know what blood does to me."

"Because you let it control you," Damon told him. "You always have. We're just here to help you learn how to fight it."

Alex held the woman stand. She looked at the blood running down her neck, transforming, biting her, feeding. Stefan stepped closer, biting the woman from behind, feeding from the opposite side of her neck.

Kaylin bit her wrist, putting it to the woman's mouth to heal her.

Elena, Liv and Cristian walked past the alleyway, stopping when they saw what was going on.