Chapter 4

I don't remember falling asleep, and I don't remember everyone coming home. I just woke up with Josefina sleeping besides me with my laptop on my lap. I yawned and got out of bed. I got ready for the day by throwing on a plaid tee shirt and my infamous maroon sweatpants. I made my way to the cafeteria. On the way there I noticed Kyle. I shouted his name and waved. Kyle looked in my direction for a second and kept walking.

Alright then, I thought to myself as I entered the cafeteria. I was relieved to see a zombie kid eating brains and a troll eating rocks. This had to be breakfast for the paranormal. I ordered the same thing I had ordered yesterday but with orange juice that had a shot of blood. I sat by myself when Debby came into the cafeteria, but this time, she had long neon green hair tied up in a ponytail with matching green wings. She stood on top of a table and whistled loudly to get everyone's attention.

"Campers, at 10 we'll be going on a hike around the facility. It ends with a lake. If you want to go, be sure to tell your camp counselors. You have until 1 to head out. Humans are going around 1 to 4. Act accordingly," She informed everyone.

With that bit of knowledge, I ate quickly and then went back into my cabin to inform the girls.

***

Everyone ended up getting up and ready around 11. Everyone but Faith was down to go on a hiking. According to Faith, she's sore from yesterday's archery practice. In reality, she didn't like going on hikes. Once we were all ready, we headed out to begin our hike along the forest. This was a hike I had gone on every visit to camp. I knew the trail by heart, unlike the person we bumped into.

"Hi Drake," I said. The blonde turned around and flashed me his million dollar smile. I tried to smile back but it turned into a grimace. All I saw was Marybeth's face every time he looked at me. Being reminded of Marybeth sent a pang of pain to my heart. I know Zac decades years ago, but the fact that the Smiths tried to tarnish his name and murdered him still hurts. I glanced down and noticed he was holding a map upside down. "Are you going on the hike too?"

"Yeah," He said. "With my boys." He said gesturing to a colorful arrangement of boys. Where to start? One of the boys was Timmy. The rest were unfamiliar. One of the boys was a zombie. I could tell because parts of his skin was peeling off of his flesh revealing the bone on his cheek and forearms. He also smelled like rotting flesh mixed with... Axe? He had to be a pre-teen. The next boy was a bit older. Maybe 15? He had curly blonde hair perfectly cut in a Steve Rogers style. He had blue eyes and flawless skin. He also wore all white, and appeared to glow. Then there was the troll. All trolls are incredibly short and plump. This troll has sun kissed skin, green eyes and a mohawke. Judging from his baby face, he had to be a preteen as well. The last boy was about 10. He had skin so white, he looked more ghostly than Josefina. He had brown eyes and jet black hair with a fringe. He wore all black and looked the least happy. I noticed Sabrina checking him out. I could smell a potential romance brewing.

"Do you want hike with us? I know this hike inside and out," I suggested.

"Sounds good to me," Drake said.

And then we were off.

"So what's everyone's name and gift?" I asked the boys.

"I'm Nathan," The boy in all black replied, "and I'm a psychic."

"A psychic? Can you guess what I am?" Sabrina asked.

"Uh it doesn't work like that," The boy muttered. "I see little glimpses of the future that never make sense."

"I can see the future too," Sabrina said. "When I cast spells."

"What's your name?" I asked the troll boy.