Chapter 5

I learned a lot about Drake. He was in a band and played the drums. He also was interested in photography. He was jealous of the fact that I knew how to use a dark room which I found amusing. Drake was also an uncle and took pride in having a niece. The more I talked to him, the more I realize he was a genuinely good guy.

"Hey guys," Sabrina said. Drake and I turned to her. "Nathan had a vision were we get attacked by something supernatural. Should we turn back home?"

"You have one of the fiercest werewolves here to protect you. We'll be okay," Drake said.

"You're a werewolf too!" Leah exclaimed.

"Yeah?" Drake said. Leah dropped my hand and raced over to Drake, and started holding his hand.

"Wanna see me transform?" She asked, mispronouncing her s's.

"Maybe when we get to the lake," Drake answered, tapping her nose.

"Alright guys," I said to the group. "This is the part of the hike were we go through the woods. So I'm going to have Drake go behind everyone and I'll lead the way. We don't want anyone getting lost." Drake went behind everyone and I lead the way through the forest.

"Guys I don't get a good feeling about this," Josefina warned.

"Me neither," Nathan agreed.

"The lake at the end is worth it," I promised. We took a vote, and majority of the group wanted to go. I was reminded of the first day I arrived on camp and I went into the forest. Everything was dead in the forests except for us. There wasn't much light peaking through the trees, so I told everyone to stick together. We were almost out of the forest when we started seeing shadows.

"We're almost out," I reassured everyone.

"This isn't good," Gabriel muttered. Ignoring his comment I kept hiking.

Suddenly, a puppy appeared in front of us? I rubbed my eyes. That can't be right. Timmy and Leah didn't hesitate to run towards it.

"Wait," I said getting a bad feeling, but the two children ran towards the dog, The dog suddenly turned into a black shadow and snatched them up. "NO!" I screamed running towards them, but it was to late. They were gone.

Gabriel started whispering words to himself, as did Sabrina. Suddenly, the forest was filled with light. A monstrous scream came from the shadow that snatched up the kids. They fell on to the ground and I darted towards them.

"Are you okay?" I asked the two. They both nodded. I picked the children up and ran back to the group. The second they were back with the group, a giant wolf jumped over everyone and raced towards the shadow figure. The wolf grabbed a hold of the shadowy figure and shook it. On cue, a bunch of people in all white appeared and started blasting lighting bolts to the shadowed figures. The shadowed figures screamed in agony.

"Should we help them fight it?" Trevor asked. I slowly shook my head.

"I think they got it," I replied. "Gabriel did you summon your angel friends?"

"They aren't my friends," Gabriel said shaking his head. "Their my siblings."

"What are they fighting?" I asked.

"Demons," Answered Sabrina. I turned towards her and her eyes were completely white.

"Whatcha doing over there Sabrina?" Celeste asked sounding creeped out.

"Their holding other people," She answered. "I'm trying to free them now sh."

I turned back to the wolf fighting the shadow. The shadow was on top of the wolf punching it repeatingly. The angels were busy fighting the other demons. I told the kids to stay put and raced towards the demon. I leap on top of it and sunk my teeth into its neck.

It's blood tasted foul and rotten, but it howled in pain, so I didn't stop. I wrapped my arms around its neck, and my legs around it's abdomen. I felt arms trying to pull me off, but I wasn't going anywhere. I stopped sucking it's blood for a second to spit out the blood that had filled my mouth, when I noticed all of the kids racing towards us, except Sabrina. The kids started throwing rocks at the demon. Timmy raced over and bit the demons ankle.

"Don't drink the blood, just spit it out okay?" I shouted to him. "We're just trying to drain it." Timmy nodded and started gnawing at the demons ankle. Leah transformed into a little wolf pup and was nudging the first wolf, who had to be Drake. I went back to biting the demon, and watched as Gabriel shoot lightning out of his hands towards the demon. The demon fell over as the wolf got up. The wolf stood over the demon and ripped it's throat out. The demon stopped fighting. It was safe to say it was dead.

The second it died, people came falling from the sky. I turned to Sabrina who was now on the ground gasping for air. Nathan and I raced towards Sabrina as everyone cheered.

"Sabrina are you okay?" Nathan asked shaking her.

Sabrina nodded and smiled weakly. "I freed everyone."

"Good job Sabrina," I said giving her a hug.

"Here have some water," Nathan said pulling a water bottle out of his backpack.

Sabrina had some water. "I feel fine guys, you don't have to worry. I get like this everytime I cast a big spell."

"Alright, I'm going to check on the others," I said. When I went back, Drake had Leah on his shoulder and they were chanting "Who beat the demons? We beat the demons!" Everyone was hollering and chanting, causing me to smile. I looked at the other people that Sabrina had saved. Everyone was smiling. Some of them were hugging my kids, which made me happy. Suddenly, my feet weren't touching the ground. Drake had picked me up and put me over his shoulder. Jumping up and down he chanted proudly. I couldn't help but join in. We screamed until our throats hurt, and then continued the hike.

***

The lake was as beautiful as I remembered. It was about 40 feet of water surrounded by trees and mountains. We all played in the water. Everyone was having a blast until a familiar voice called my name.

"Oh Hi Matt!" I exclaimed the second I saw the familiar brunette. "How's my favorite HUMAN?"

I shot a glance at everyone in the lake, and everyone had gotten the hint. It was time to go.

"Awh, I'm you're favorite human?" Matt asked smiling. I smiled back awkwardly, and nodded. In the corner of my eye I could see Celeste's bright blue tail.

"HEY MATT!" I exclaimed when I noticed him looking past me. I grabbed his shoulders and made him turn away from the lake filled with the supernatural beings. "Isn't this sight beautiful?"

"Um yeah. It's really pretty," He said uncomfortably. I looked behind me and noticed the boys aggressively trying to make Celeste dry off. Josefina was laughing at the situation with Nathan and Sabrina.

"Don't you just love the trees and mountains?" I asked. "It's just so green and beautiful."

"Yeah," He said as he turned around. "But I think you're the real view here." His hand touched my cheek. I felt relieved until he looked behind me and said "That's weird.

"Hmm?" I asked turning around.

Celeste was completely dry and was back to having human legs. I let out a deep breath of relief until Matt uttered the words "I don't see your reflection in the water."

Oh shit. My eyes widened and I laughed awkwardly. "Well we gotta go! See ya Matt! Come on everyone!" We all headed back to camp when a thought hit me.

Matt didn't have any campers with him.