Chapter 7

This time around, I wasn't the first person up. In fact, I had Leah shaking me awake. I sat up and noticed Drake in the cabin. He had something behind his back.

"Heh, sorry to wake you up," He said sheepishly. I smiled.

"It's okay," I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes.

"I made something for you," He said as he pulled out a plate with flat triangle things with strawberries and chocolates stuffed in it. "It's a crepe."

"Oh!" I said in surprise. He made me crepes because I had never had one? How sweet. I took a bite of the crepe, and to be honest it tasted like a pancake with chocolate and strawberries. Nothing special, but I told Drake that this might be better than milenssa.

A grin spread across his face, as he said, "Have a good rest of your day." before popping out of the cabin. Once I finished the stick dessert, I went back to sleep.

***

When I awoke, the gang was gathered in a circle playing uno. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I let out a soft yawn as I stretched my body.

"And then, the princess was like 'dude what do you mean you're a zombie,'" Ivan said, causing everyone to laugh. "I was like 'come on man you can see my flesh rotting!"

"How do you always get in the crazy situations?" Celeste asked between laughs.

Ivan just shrugged, "Luck I guess."

I raised an eyebrow. All of Ivans stories where extremely realistic. He's told us stories about fighting a homeless man, travelling to space, meeting a princess apparently, and yet every story was unrealistic. I decided to talk to Trevor about this. Maybe he could use that creativity into making a story. I got up and decided to take a shower, and brush my teeth. As I got up I heard a string of hellos and good mornings from the children. I grumbled a hi, and made my way to the bathroom.

Once I was out of my shower, I headed back into the main room of the cabin to see everyone leaving. Now was my chance.

"Hey Ivan?" I called out. The ghastly boy did a 180. "Can I talk to you for a second?" He walked towards me with a cocky smirk on his face. "Do you make up the stories you tell everyone?"

His jaw literally dropped. "How did you know?" He asked once he popped his jaw back in place.

"They aren't realistic," I replied. "But, have you thought about writing stories?" His green eyes lit up.

"No!" He said. "Is it hard?"

"Not if you have an idea," I said winking.

"I'm gonna go write then!" Ivan said as he sped out of the cabin. I chuckled and decided to check my emails. My first email was a sappy email from my parents saying they miss me, and that they were excited to hear about my camp adventures. With a smile, I told them about our adventure battling a demon. I made sure to leave Drake's name out of it. I referred to him as a random werewolf. My family didn't have anything against werewolves, just Drake's family. I couldn't mention Drake in my email. My family's reaction would be horrendous! If you think I'm not over my brothers death, imagine my mother. She lost her immortal baby. Zak was the youngest of all of us, and he's gone.

I shook my head as if I was shaking away those thoughts, and clicked on the next email. My email was from my sister that read:

Hey Sis!
When it comes to Drake I think you should give him a chance. You shouldn't let our family rivalry prevent you from befriending him. He's not his ancestors. He's a completely different person. Now stop being an antisocial little shit and go have fun. Maybe there's potential of a summer romance ;)

I laughed at that last bit and knew Abigail would get a kick of the events that had happened today. I wrote a quick email about the crepes and getting to know Drake. I felt a smile drift on to my face and stopped typing. Why was I smiling over the thought of Drake? Shaking the thought away, I continued my email and pressed send.

On cue, I heard little feet running into the cabin. Leah and Timmy raced into the cabin, and locked the door. I raised an eyebrow and sat my computer down.

The two where whispering amongst themselves and then froze the second they noticed me.

"H-h-h-hi Carolina!" Leah said nervously, holding something behind her back..

"We gotta go! Right Leah!" Timmy said grabbing her arm.

"Y-y-yeah," Leah said as they walked out the cabin.

Well that was suspicious. I wonder what they could be up to. Probably not anything to bad. The two are 5 and 6. The worst thing they could do is accidently steal a coloring book. I decided to get up a go for a stroll. The weather was nice. It was on the warmer side, but there was a breeze which made the heat bearable. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and everything felt perfect, even the birds were chirping. I walked around the camp, enjoying the greenery when I bumped into Matt.

"Oh hi Carolina," He said unenthusiastically.

"Hey Matt," I said softly. "Sorry about missing our date. Do you want to just walk around with me?"

"Sure," Matt said, smiling softly. "Let's look for animals in the forest."

"Sounds like fun to me," I replied turning towards the forest.

"So, tell me about yourself," Matt said.

"I work at a Barnes and Noble," I replied. "I'm into photography, and I love nature. I dabble in painting but I'm not very good at it."

"What got you into photography?" Matt asked.

"Um," I mumbled. "I've always had an interest in it. From the moment I knew it existed." More like from the moment it existed.

"That's cool. My mom's a wedding photographer," Matt said. "And my dad works here which means I need to be a camp counselor. To be honest I don't really like kids."

"Is that why you're never with the kids?" I asked. He nodded sheepishly.

"Heh, what can I say? I avoid kids at all costs," He answered. I looked around the forrest searching for animals when Matt put his arm around my waist.

Alright. Someone's moving a bit quickly.

Then suddenly his hand was around my mouth. My body was pressed against his tightly when he muttered the words "I know you're secret, bloodsucker." Before I could react, there was a sharp pinch on my throat and everything turned black.