I've Got You

The quiet whimpers were barely audible through the door but Nicole heard them more and more as she drew closer. 

"Waverly, It's me" She whispered through the door. "I'm going to come in ok," She said as she cautiously opened the door and took a step inside. Her heart sank as she spotted the young Earp weeping with her head resting on her knees in the corner of the stained marble bathroom wearing nothing but a singlet and shorts. Nicole knelt in front of her and placed her hand on Waverly's bare shoulder the poor girl was freezing.

"Hey Waves, It's ok we're here now. Your safe" she said as she leant forward and using the nook of the finger tilted Waverly's face up to meet hers, Nicole's stomach dropped as she assessed Waverly's battered face, Bruises had started to form around her eye, cheek and neck and the blood from her nose and split lip had already dried onto her fair skin. Nicole sat there horrified at the site before her until she finally obtained the courage to ask "did he, Champ, did he do this to you"

Waverly's lip quivered and a single tear fell onto her cheek which Nicole brushed away with her thumb "Oh Waves" she whispered cradling the younger Earp who curled into her chest, she caressed her non-bruised cheek as Waverly sobbed into Nicoles embrace. "Come on, let's get you out of here," Nicole said standing up, she took off her uniform jacket and wrapped it around Waverly's weak frame before hoisting the frail girl into her arms where she once again curled into Nicole's chest. 

"Oh my god, baby girl are you alright," Wynonna said rushing to Nicole's side and comforting her sister as they made their way down the stairs and through the hallway. "Quick Wynonna grab that blanket," Nicole said gesturing towards a navy cotton blanket that sat on the couch. After some fidgeting and shuffling the duo had managed to wrap Waverly in the blanket and proceeded to make their way back down the hallway and out the door. 

The cold air stung and Nicole shivered as she stepped outside but she was mindful that Waverly was still wrapped tightly in her arms, "Here quick put her in my truck" Wynonna said opening the passenger side door to the blue and white pickup. Nicole carefully placed Waverly's feeble body into the truck and made sure the blanket was tucked around her comfortably before turning away to leave, however at the last second she felt a weak hand grip her arm and she spun around to see it was Waverly, she stopped and stared into her eyes which were glazed over and full of pain.

"Stay with me" she croaked, her voice full of so much agony and despair that it made Nicole's heart ache. Nicole quickly looked across the street to Nedley who had been patiently waiting by the squad car and once she caught his attention he simply smiled and nodded, and with that Nicole looked back to Waverly whose face reflected so much pain that Nicole couldn't help but lean in and press her forehead softly against the younger Earps. "I've got you Waves" Nicole whispered before shuffling into the car next to her and allowing the delicate girl to lean into her arms.

"Comin' along for the ride are we Haughstuff," Wynonna said getting into the driver's seat and turning the ignition, she took one last look at her little sister and said "God I swear one day I'm gonna accidentally shoot that son of a bitch" before turning off the curb and onto the road that lead to the hospital. 

The drive to the hospital was short and when they got there Nicole jumped out of the truck and once again lifted Waverly into her arms and ran through the front door where she watched as a triage of nurses and doctors in various medical scrubs run back and forth across the room, eventually a nurse noticed them standing in the doorway and motioned towards an empty bed that Nicole placed Waverly onto as gently as possible. She took a step back and gazed at the sleeping girl, 'When had she fallen asleep' Nicole wandered before glancing at Wynonna who was gripping her younger sisters hand, she didn't know what yet but something didn't feel right. Nicole paced back towards the bed and watched the younger Earps chest, her stomach dropped when she realised it wasn't moving. 

"SHIT! She's not breathing" Nicole yelled leaning closer and clutching Waverly's wrist trying to find a pulse.

"SOMEONE HELP US RIGHT NOW" Wynonna cried as she grasped Waverly's face in her hands. This caught the attention of a nearby doctor who yelled a bunch of gibberish before grabbing a needle off of a tray nearby and inserting it directly into Waverly's arm, the doctor barked more commands to the two nurses and residents  before turning to the two women and saying "You both have leave" 

"Like hell we do! That's my god damn sister!" Wynonna screamed, the doctor called for a nurse and then motioned in our direction 

"Get them out of here now!" he yelled as he pressed his ear onto Waverly's chest.

Wynonna and Nicole were escorted out of the emergency room and into a very bleak waiting room where they sat for what felt like an eternity. 

=====================================================

A/N

Heyo my lovely unicorns,

I would absolutely love some feedback on the first two chapters of my first ever Wayhaught fanfic. 

-Are the Chapters too long/short?

-Do they make sense?

-Does the story tend to go too fast?

-Would you like me to add more character description (I kept it minimal cause I thought that you guys already know about the characters.) 

Love,

Your very grateful author.

btw I'll try to post the next chapter soon but I have a shit ton of homework and exams are coming up so stick with me :)