Karma's a Bitch

Oh christ yeah I know I'm an asshole and I suck at this whole "updating chapters" thing. With that being said I KNOW it takes me forever to update and I genuinely hope it's worth the wait and I'm gonna try and make it up to yall by telling you sorta why this update took a while...

So basically I have three, yup THREE fics that I am working on at the moment and I got really carried away with them. One of them is a Military/War wayhaught AU (WHICH I AM VERY EXCITED FOR) and the other one is a highschool au with a twist ;). The third project I am keeping a secret because it is very... *cough* smutty *cough*

Anyways hope yall enjoy this chapter!!!!

===================================================

"Somethings not right" Dolls said his features stoic and unmoving as Wynonna flicked through a file of papers before throwing it into a box by her side.

"I know, there's something we're missing Dolls and I have no fucking clue what it is." Wynonna said picking up another file and skimming through its contents before placing it in the same box.

"Are you taking those to Nicole?" Dolls questioned whilst side-eyeing the nearly full box of sensitive information, on any other day he would have chucked a fit saying that moving files from the station is dangerous and against the law but under the circumstances he let it slide.

"Yeah I figured that since she was the lead investigator she might piece something together or- jees Dolls I don't know." Wynonna replied slumping over the desk in defeat.

"She's out there, my baby girl has been out there all alone for over a week and I- I don't know how to find her" Wynonna said, covering her tear stricken eyes with the crook of her elbow as Dolls paced around the desk and pulled her into an embrace.

"Hey don't worry, we found Nicole and she's our best bet at getting out of this mess, Wynonna, Waverly knew that, that's why she-"

"Switched herself for Haught, yeah I know." Wynonna said sniffling and pulling out of his grip. "We have to find her Dolls" she finished.

"We will" Dolls replied before continuing "Now let's get these to Haught, the doctors want to keep her under observation for a few more days which when considering that they left her to die on the side of the road, I think is a good call." Dolls finished before grabbing his coat and the full box. However, when he motioned for Wynonna to follow he saw her stuck in a daze.

"Wynonna whats wro-"

"SHHH-" Wynonna cut him off abruptly, her eyebrows furrowed in thought with one finger pressed to her lips indicating his silence.

"Dolls, why." Wynonna said breaking the silence she had caused.

"Why what" Dolls replied in confusion.

"Why did Bobo leave Nicole on the side of the road, if he knew that she was the best bet at finding the ring." Wynonna said nodding her head at a snails pace.

"I- I have no idea" Dolls said completely baffled by the question before it clicked. "He's buying time"

Wynonna was nodding more furiously now as the theory began to take shape. "Waverly must have told Bobo about champ in order for the exchange with Nicole to make sense, right, so why did he dump Nicole in the middle of fucking nowhere if he wanted his ring so bad." Wynonna said speaking her thoughts aloud before turning and locking her eyes with Dolls' in a serious gaze.

"Bobo is buying himself time because he knows where Champ is." Wynonna declared before grabbing her coat and starting towards to door.

"Wait, if Bobo knows where champ is then why didn't he just kill Nicole?" Dolls said shifting the box in his grip