Track Him Down

AHHH I HAVE A MATH TEST IN LIKE 4 HOURS BUT HERES THE CHAPTER ITS PRETTY SHITTY SO GO SCREAM AT ME ON TUMBLR: AHYESGAY. Also sorry it's so short, im still tryna kick writers blocks ass.

side note: I appreciate ALL of the comments you guys have left, Not gonna lie some of them made me cry

---------------------

Waverly stormed into the black badge office with Doc and Jeremy not far behind. They had formed a plan and had each decided that whilst Wynonna stayed back at the homestead with Dolls to recover, the rest of the gang would grab the equipment they needed from the office and make their way over to the graveyard where Ward was buried.

They pulled up to the gates of the cemetery and walked through the aerie site towards the granite stone engraved with 'Earp'. Jeremy and Waverly set up the equipment as Doc stood to the side, he didn't know how to work the cars stereo let alone help put together such advanced technology.

Once the device was set up Jeremy turned to Waverly and opened his laptop.

"Ok, here we go" He said typing a command into the machine which started whirring with sound shortly after. They gathered around Jeremy, peering over his shoulder at the screen and watched as the image came into view.

"Its- Its not there is it." Waverly said

"I, um, I'm gonna run the scan one more time to be sure" Jeremy said as he typed at his computer again.

However, the second screening would show the same thing, the ring was not there and now they had nothing. They packed up all the equipment and drove dejectedly back to the homestead, Waverly watched as the sun continued to inch its way up and into the sky, it was barely eight am and she shivered at the remembrance of the note. She was running out of time.

Dolls met them on the porch of the homestead and the three explained what they found. They walked into the house and the smell of bacon filled their senses. To their surprise Wynonna was stood in the kitchen placing the last pieces of food onto a plate, Jeremy went straight for the food and was followed eagerly by Doc. Waverly however took up her previous positon on the table.

After the men had settled in the kitchen and were, eating happily Wynonna walked over with her plate of food and a bowl of Waverly's favourite cereal. She winced as she sat down beside her sister but brushed it off quickly and gave the bowl to her sister. Waverly smiled up at her in thanks before returning her gaze to a particularly interesting spot of wood in the table.

"The ring wasn't there was it" Wynonna said as she began eating the contents of her plate. Waverly shook her head before picking up the spoon and beginning to eat as well.

"I don't understand, it should be there it can't be anywhere else," Wynonna said as she shoved some bacon into her mouth.

"Yeah," Waverly said fiddling with the chunks of granola floating in the almond milk with her spoon. She didn't have the heart to tell Wynonna right now that she didn't like it anymore and that she hadn't had it since she was 17 when she was still living with Aunt Gus and Uncle Curtis.

A couple more minutes passed by and Wynonna had disposed of her now empty plate and was fiddling with an undone stitch in her shirt. Waverly's shout drew her from her actions as she directed her attention to her younger sister.

"Wynonna, Uncle Curtis he had the ring" Waverly yelled as she slammed an open palm into the table. Wynonnas face turned from a stunned expression to a smile, "We can go check Gus' old house and see if we find it there" The brunette said already pulling on her shoes.

Wynonna turned to the men still standing in the kitchen and said "You heard her, To the Mcready's we go!"

=

The gang where seated together once again in the living room of Gus' old house. They had trashed the place in search of the ring and Jeremy had already concluded that it was not under the tomatoes. Waverly felt completely and utterly defeated, no matter how hard she tried she couldn't find the god damn ring and reality was starting to square in on her as she thought about Nicole. God Nicole had looked bad when she had left and she had forced herself not to think about it but now that she was, Waverly couldn't help but worry because what if she never saw her again what if she never saw the woman who loved her again, what if her protector was gone forever. Wait. Champ.

"Fuck" Waverly spat abruptly. Everybody starred at her stunned.

"Waves what is it" Wynonna said placing a hand on her sisters leg. Waverly scooted away from the touch and Wynonna retreated her hand instantly. "Talk to me waves" Wynonna said softly.

"Champ" Waverly whispered but Wynonna heard. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself before continuing. "Champ used to work for uncle Curtis," She started simply "And when we- when we were together he would do other jobs for other people and he would steal from them, I know he used to do it because he would brag about it."

"What kind of stuff would he steal?" Dolls asked

Waverly gave off an unnerving chuckle before replying, "He used to steal rings, Fudging rings." Waverly replied shaking her head, she looked at wynonna before continuing. "and guess where he used to keep them" Waverly asked another giggle starting to manifest.

"Where" Wynonna asked urging her sister to continue.

"On a silver chain in his night stand" Waverly couldn't help it now, the laughter burst within her chest and she clutched her stomach as she continued to laugh and tears started falling.

Everyone was stunned into silence and the room was only filled with Waverly's hysterical giggling, eventually Wynonna came back to reality and moved towards her sister. She knew that touching her may not be the best thing to do right now but she had no clue how to calm her down. Wynonna grabbed each of Waverly's shoulders and shook them hard stunning the younger Earp out of her hysteria.

"Waverly so you still have them, the rings are they at your old house still?" Wynonna said trying to maintain the brunnettes focus

"Nope, he took them with him" Waverly replied "he probably wanted to porn them for extra cash whilst on the run" she finished.

"So that means we have to track him down" Jeremy said from his place on the couch.

"We have been Haught and I have been looking for him ever since- ever since the incident" Dolls interjected "Haught was running point on the case, she knows more than I do."

"We can go to the station and look through her case files, I'm sure there must be something in there" Wynonna said and everyone nodded there heads in agreement. "Ok then to the station" Wynonna said before standing up and marching back outside and to the car with everyone else hot on her heels.

=

The gang had gathered in BBD's office after collecting everything they could find on the case. Papers, reports and case files lay messily on top of a table as dolls and Jeremy worked together to pin important elements to the board in front of them. Waverly had mustered up all of her strength to look into the files, many of them portraying her as the victim. Soon enough Waverly couldn't handle it anymore and she left the office and walked across the hallway and to Nicole's desk. She sat in her chair and brought her knees up to her chin and buried her face in them, she rocked back and forth a little to try and calm herself down and it eventually worked. Waverly smiled down at the desk in front of her, it was so organised and clean with two stacks of cases to the right and what looked to be a thousand year old desktop to the left. Next to it there was a little note pad that had a list of reminders written on it and then a clock. Waverly jumped at the realisation of the time, it was nearly 12:50, 'how has time passed so damn quick' she thought to herself as she got up and left the station and headed in the direction of shorty's.