By lunch I hope you mean Donuts

Waverly smiled as she awoke with a firm kiss on her temple, she nuzzled closer into Nicole's chest which she found extremely comforting and took a deep breath before opening her eyes and allowing them to adjust to the light streaming in through the crack in the curtain.

"Hey Waves, feeling any better," Nicole said rubbing Waverly's back soothingly.

"Yea" Waverly sighed before sitting up "I'm sorry," She said rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Don't apologise, It's fine and well, I'll always be here for you," Nicole said sliding off the bed to collect the pancakes that had been previously forgotten. She was now an hour late for work as her shift started at nine but she hoped Nedley would be forgiving, and it was all worth it to see the smile that had erupted on Waverly's face and the twinkle in her eyes as she saw the stack of blueberry pancakes heading her way.

"Oh my- These are my FAVOURITE," Waverly said snatching the plate impatiently earning a soft giggle from Nicole.

"I know" Nicole replied placing the glass of orange juice on the bedside table and leaning over to kiss Waverly's forehead before straightening her uniform. But just as she was about to leave she felt a hand grab hers and she swung around to face the young Earp who pulled her closer and connected their lips in a passionate kiss that sparked butterflies throughout Nicole's entire body, the couple sank into that blissful state that they had not shared enough. Waverly's hands found their way into Nicole's short hair, gripping at the roots to pull her closer.

"Waves," Nicole said breaking the kiss "I've gotta go to work, I'm sorry," Nicole continued, leaning forward and pressing her forehead against Waverly's who groaned at the inconvenience.

"Can't you just take the day off...?" Waverly said not wanting to be apart from Nicole.

"Sorry princess, but I've gotta make a living somehow," she replied chuckling at Waverly's adorable response to the pet name she used.

Nicole stood up and straightened her uniform once again before pecking another soft kiss on Waverly's lips.

"Oh, and by the way, I'm pretty sure Wynonna is a drunk mess downstairs, but don't worry I gave her coffee so she shouldn't be too hard to handle," Nicole said laughing softly at the young Earp who was devouring the stack of pancakes before her.

"Oh fun" Waverly sighed taking a gulp of orange juice before turning her attention back to the plate in front of her.

"I might drag her along on some errands just to torture her," She continued, speaking in between mouthfuls of food.

"Sounds fun, just be careful please and stay safe, and call me if you need anything" Nicole replied

"I will, I promise," Waverly responded grinning at the uniformed officer in front of her. "Bye baby, and promise me you'll stay safe too." Nicole blushed slightly at the nickname Waverly had used but nodded in agreement.

"I will, I promise. See you later princess." Nicole said walking out of the bedroom down the stairs and past a passed out Wynonna before stopping at the door and putting on her boots and Stetson. She took a deep breath before exiting the warm of the house and sprinting to her cruiser where she cranked the thermostat and drove out of the homestead and to the station.

=

Nicole had only been gone for about ten minutes but Waverly felt the all too familiar pang in her heart that yearned for the redhead. After devouring the stack of pancakes she rolled out of bed and wrapped herself in one of her bonus blankets, that's when she realised what she was wearing. Her cheeks flushed bright red with embarrassment knowing that Nicole had seen her wearing the stolen jacket. Waverly couldn't help it, wearing the jacket made her feel safe and the way it carries Nicole's aroma was just an added bonus. After finishing her glass of orange juice, she gathered the dishes from her room and made her way downstairs where she had heeded Nicole's warning of a drunk Wynonna and began scanning the living room for her older sister.