Chapter 3 ~ Bullies and Visions

(Y/n)'s POV

A knock on the door sent soft vibrations through the room. I get up, taking off my headphones and walk to the door. I open it slightly to see the house leader and my potions Professor, Snape.

"Good evening Ms. (L/n)." He grumbled as I open the door a little wider. I was just wearing a white shirt tucked into some black yoga pants, nothing that really made me feel uncomfortable. I knew dinner was soon but I'd change when the time came around.

"Evening..." I said with my naturally hushed voice. There was no point in raising my voice. It was too quiet in the dormitory area except for the dropping of a pen and snores.

"The headmaster told me about you speaking Parseltongue. He wanted me to ask if you can speak any other language since he's busy." His voice was strict so it was hard to tell if he was curious too. I thought for a second.

"I-I didn't even know about the language Parseltongue until today. I've always talked to animals, I-I didn't think there was anything special about it since there are dog whisperers, cat whisperers... stuff like that." I ramble, answering his question as well.

"It was more of a yes or no question. You didn't need to add anything else." His voice sounded bored and annoyed. I look down, slightly embarrassed.

"S-sorry... it's a bad habit." He just gave me an eye roll, then started to walk off. I then remember what happened in class.

"A-actually P-Professor...!" He turns to me with a raised brow. I automatically shy away and lose my voice, barely able to muster a few words.

"N-never mind....." He rolled his eyes, annoyed then left. I let out a shaky breath and go back to my desk. I place the headphones on my head and write in the unlimited paged journal. One of the few things I had to remember my parents. I write away in the journal. Some scribbles made, short stories and poems written. Thoughts flood most of the pages.

I guess it could be called a diary. I prefer to think of it as a sacred place for my mind to function without any judgement. This was the journal I used for everything. I even used it for class today. The journal sorts itself which I have to be thankful for.

Soon it was dinner and everyone gathered in the Great Hall. I was now in my robe. I have to admit it was somewhat comfortable but I didn't like it too much. Suddenly food appeared and everyone started eating. I eat only a little bit. I overheard some guys talking about me.

It made me sad that they talked of my so awfully but I should be used to that. I flinch when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Have you always been this thin, spaz?" A boy that I recognized from potions class taunted. I tense. This was Ashton. He was the one that messed up the Gryffindor boy's potion earlier.

I decided to stay quiet. I wasn't going to respond to spaz. I just kept eating a little bit. He suddenly shoved me off of my seat. I don't think anyone really noticed because I just got right back up. I didn't really feel any eyes on me. I look at him.

"I-I'd appreciate it if you didn't do that." I spoke, a little shakily. He looked at me and smirked. He looked at his friends.

"Maybe she could hang out with us, kick out that Gryffindor boy and replace him with her." He looked at me. "Whatcha think of that, spaz?"

"I-I like my seat in the back..." I rub my arm and take my seat again. The boy growls and sits next to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Then we'll just have to join you." He said, I shake my head and try to remove his arm. He just stopped me from doing so. So instead of trying to move his arm to let go of me, I slip away from under his arm, getting up while everyone else also got up.

He growled and I escaped with the crowd. I went back to my dormitory. I rub my arm. I take a glance in the mirror. Am I really a spaz?

I practically stayed awake all night, overthinking then calming myself. I listened to music, I read a couple of books. It was hard to feel at piece. I soon gave sleeping another try.

It felt like warm arms were cradling me this time. I sank into the blankets for more warmth. Suddenly all the fear and tension sank away. I could smell something sweet. It felt like I was in heaven.

I sank into a swirling black pit. A smokey grey color centered my mind image. Though, some of it cleared. There was three blurry people in view. Two tall, one short. They were... talking to me. A young boy called my name. Begging about something.

The two taller figures sent a longing feeling throughout the room. It was enough I make me cry. Tears fell to a certain part of my face and collected in the spot. They never dripped down my chin and no one had been whipping them away.

The image soon went away as my eyes opened to the rising sun. A yawn escape my lips and I see Rose White with a letter in her beak. I take it and open it. Out fell a locket and a folded page. I first unfold the page with care.

(Picture of locket above)

"Hello (Y/n),
I sent you this mail to congratulate you for getting into Hogwarts. Take this locket and treasure it. Don't lose it. It'll help you in the future. We know you'll be successful. We hope you'll make it through the years. We'll see you again soon."

I was shocked. Was this from my parents? Who was it from? Why would I need the locket? I try to open it but it wouldn't open. I sigh. Maybe I could ask my professor. I sigh and put the locket on, then I get ready for the day.