Chapter 12 ~ Returning

(Y/n)'s POV

Taking a deep breath, I finish packing. My parents were glad they didn't have to see me. They told me to not come back on breaks and were willing to do anything so I stayed away for a while.

They had already bragged to some of their friends that I was in the greatest school in existence, they didn't actually say hogwarts, just some great high school that was a year round school. They didn't change though, they still abused me and made me do every little thing while I was still in their home.

I went to the car with them and my pets and they drove me to the station. Once we arrived they yelled at me to get out. Once I did, as well as my stuff, they sped off, I could hear them laughing, wishing death upon me.

I sighed sadly. Though I was suddenly embraced.

"(Y/n)!" My two friends cheered happily. I smiled and hugged them back.

"We were so worried about you! You took forever to respond to our messages." Sofia blabbered. They didn't know I was abused. I scratched the back of my head.

"S-Sorry..." I smiled and them as they removed themselves from me.

"Well come on now, we should get to the train." James said. So we went with him.

I was honestly surprised. Sofia got a bit taller. Her eyes were just as beautiful, and the eyeliner she wore helped make them stand out. Her outfit really complimented her body.

Then there was James. He matured, ever so slightly, but that was expected, they were three years younger than me anyway, but I didn't mind, they were good friends and I was in the same year as them.

He had fluffy dirty blonde hair, green eyes, and a clear face. He was also a huge dork so it was funny how he looked like the popular kid, but was a shy dork.

Getting on the train we found a cabin, or whatever they're called, for the three of us and we put our stuff up. Sofia pulled out a cage with a toad in it.

"This is my new pet! Isn't he cute?!" She asked, showing me and James. I thought it was cute, though James was in complete disgust.

"Ew! Put that thing away!" Sofia only brought it closer to him till I was able to stop laughing and told her to knock it off.

The train ride was nice. I enjoyed their company. After all, they were my only friends.

•~Time Skip~•

Arriving at Hogwarts felt like I had come home after a long time. I was so happy to be back and so was James and Sofia, though they said it was because they could spend more time with me. For me it was that, all the other great people here, and for education. Though also somewhat for food.

We got to the great hall and sat in our seats after saying our goodbyes. I watched people get sorted, to be honest it was pretty harsh on people but it sorted them.

When everyone was sorted, a few announcements were made and the food was finally brought out. I decided to eat a bit, but I had a few sweets on the train, so I wasn't going to eat a lot.

Suddenly, I felt someone sit next to me. I looked over and saw it was Slytherin's prefect, Chris.

"Hey." He smiled at me and I smiled back. I personally thought that he belonged in ravenclaw because he loved riddles and stuff. Last year he helped me study for the OWLS.

"H-hi." He was relatively nice and had a hufflepuff girlfriend who I really liked, but we don't hang out except for the few times I hung out with them.

"So how was your summer?" He asked, grabbing a bread roll and taking a bite. I shrug, not wanting to say what actually happened.

"It was fine. I painted and drew a bit... nothing that good." He chuckles and rolls his eyes.

"What? You're a great artist!" I shrug and thank him. We continue to chatter and eat.

After food, he lead everyone back. Except for me of course because Dumbledore wanted to talk to me.

"Welcome back (Y/n), I hoped your summer wasn't too bad." He said, I semi shrugged.

"I-It was better knowing I'd come back here after a couple months." He smiled slightly and nodded.

"I hope you enjoy this year." And with that we went our separate ways.