Chapter 8 ~ Out Of The Woods

(Y/n)'s POV

The day went by so slowly, it was painful. It felt like years in potions. I'd look at Professor Snape, he'd look at me, I'd send a smile, but he'd just look away. It was painful. Very, very painful.

Today I had skipped lunch, Sofia and James were worried. I told them I wasn't hungry. Though that wasn't the truth. The truth was I couldn't stomach anything right now. Everything has been so crazy recently and I can't go to a single class without getting a strange look.

So here I am, in the dormitory I call my own, humming some words while the song fills the quiet room. Everyone was eating and I'm sure they were having fun... but not me. I'm stuck in a pool of confusion and I feel like the answer is so close, but I can't reach it.

Once lunch was over, I went to my classes and did everything I usually do. In one class I got a really bad migraine and was taken to the medical wing. In the wing, the nurse tried giving me water and even tried medicine. Though it wouldn't get rid of it.

When it finally went away it was 3 am. Everyone had been asleep yet I was laying awake, crying. I had been tired and the pain was unbearable, but when it finally went away, I just felt worse. I had woken up the nurse and told her I was leaving to my dormitory.

She said if anyone stopped me just to say you we're headed back. I gave her a nod, not finding words to speak. The way back was terrifying. It was cold and dark. I could hear footsteps and they'd suddenly disappear then come back. I'd speed up when a creepy noise was heard.

I suddenly came to a halt. I was lost. I couldn't really see where I was going and I was too scared to cast a spell in the fear someone was going to wake up and scold me. Glancing around the darkness of the area, I heard footsteps again.

I carefully stepped around, it was hard to tell if I was going, forward, backwards, sideways, left, right. When I finally saw light and hit something solid, I gasped loudly and jumped, whipping around to see Professor Snape.

"What are you doing awake at this time?" He said, looking at me suspiciously. I couldn't speak for a second, but finally caught the words to speak.

"I-I'm coming from the nurse... she said I could go back but I got lost..." I say nervously, I glance around, finally able to see since he had cast the spell lumnos.

"Well you were about to leave." He says, I look to see what he means and I saw two massive doors that I assumed lead outside. I look back at him.

"Ca-can you help me?" I ask, shyly. He stared at me for a few seconds then looks away.

"Fine." He mutters. I smile and follow him. I was glad when we arrived. I swore my legs were about too snap.

"Thank you Professor..." I smile weakly and he nods. I go to my dormitory and everything suddenly weren't black. When I did wake up, I was uncomfortable and cold.

Severus Snape's POV

I haven't seen (Y/n) in the past few days. Sofia and James are worried about her. They had both gone silent and would whisper things to each other. They'd give nervous glances.

No body in Slytherin seemed to care she was gone and no one in Hufflepuff really knew she existed so it was really Ravenclaw and Gryffindor that we're a little weary about the disappearance of (Y/n). I hate to admit it, but I was worried too. She's a sweet girl and for someone like her to go missing was very alarming.

Dumbledore had been acting strange as well. Hagrid had noticed she was gone too. He said she'd visit him during the weekends but she didn't show up. All the staff had been keeping an eye out. It was quite frightening when she was found.

Filch told me they, he and Hagrid, had found her and almost every staff member were gathered in the medical wing. When I saw her, everyone was either leaving or asking questions. Dumbledore was smiling slightly but also seemed worried.

I went over and saw her body was completely bloody and bruised. Her robes were stretched and torn. It made me sad to see her in such terrible condition.

"Where was she found?" I ask, barely able to take my eyes off her.

"At the ends of the Forbidden Forest." Dumbledore replies. I was in slight shock.

"And what would she be doing out there?" I ask, looking at him. He smiled at what I said.

"I know why, but you'll have to figure out on your own as well as she must." I was going to question it but I was too worried to ask questions. I was only able to get myself to leave for dinner. I had to get my mind off of her.