Chapter 5 ~ Panic Attack

(Y/n)'s POV

The walk continues and I thought about what he said. Suddenly Dumbledore asked me something and I responded. I could only freeze and tense when they both stopped and stared at me.

"D-did I say something wrong...?" I automatically freaked out mentally. I didn't mean to mess up. I didn't know what he said so I just asked him to repeat the question.

"No, you just didn't answer in English." Snape said, both still in shock. "How were you able to not even speak English in response?" He asked. It just made me think back to everything. Everything that happened when I lived with those terrible people. I feel myself tear up.

"I-I've been a mute for 6 years... I-it's hard to remember what words are English and what words are in another language." I rub my eye that almost had tears drip then speak again. "I-I just asked if you could repeat the question..." He nods and Dumbledore was about to repeat but he looked at his weird watch.

"We'll have to save this conversation for another time. I have somewhere to be. Goodnight to the two of you." He said before vanishing in a blink of an eye. I take a slightly shaky breath, fold in my lips, nod to Professor Snape then start to walk away.

He simply muttered a goodnight and was leaving when I suddenly got tripped. I tense and sit up and scoot back to be against the wall as the three boys from earlier surround me. One of them kicked me.

"You got us in trouble you idiot...!" Ashton growled. I whimper and tears start to fall as my panic attack kicked off.

"I-I'm sorry...!" I squeaked before receiving another kick. I hear swift footsteps. And Ashton was grabbed by the collar and pulled back, the other two were moved away from me and scolded while my attack went on.

I kept whimpering, crying and sniffling, repeating over and over 'I'm sorry'. My breathing was terrible and my nails dug into my skin as I freak out.

"Hah. Spaz is so pathetic!" Ashton said, voice laced with hate. Even the comfort from the locket couldn't calm me enough to stop me from blacking out.

Severus Snape's POV

I was just making my way back to my classroom when I heard her fall. At first I was going to play it off as she just fell, but then I heard talking and turned. Ashton, Rick, and Fredrick were surrounding her. First Rick kicked her and Ashton spoke harshly to her.

"I-I'm sorry...!" She was scared and from her thoughts racing and seeming so harsh, I could tell she was having a panic attack. Rushing over Fredrick kicked her and I yanked Ashton away by the collar then push back Rick and Fredrick.

"How idiotic are you three to go and harm a girl when there is a staff nearby. I told you about you bullying her earlier yet you're doing it again. You shouldn't even be out here. Get back to your dormitories!" I snap. I look at her seeing her claw at her arms as she repeated sorry.

A sparkly (f/c) most came from the locket, showing the action of comfort but it was no help. It was almost like a nightmare seeing her sitting there panicked.

"Hah. Spaz is so pathetic!" Ashton laughed. I growled and she suddenly fainted. I whip my head to them and growled loudly.

"Go back to your dormitories!" In fear they ran off. I pick up the girl and take her to her dormitory, along with the stuff she had. There was no need to take her to the nurse. I lay her in her bed. I take a quick glance around the room. It was clean and she had her stuff neatly organized. This was slightly surprising, but I really shouldn't be impressed by this.

I growl to myself but then notice something. I see a page written on. It was crumbled up but it seemed like she changed her mind and tried to flatten it again. I know I shouldn't be reading this but my curiosity peaked.

"Dear person or people,
              Thank you for the locket. It's very comforting. It's a little strange to write, but my potions Professor said that you might be my parents or at least one of them. I could just be over thinking this like I usually do, but I can't help but ask if you're really my parent or at least someone related or close to me in the past. I'm never going to mail this. I can't remember anything past the age of 5. Everything is such a blur and just trying to think of an answer makes my head hurt.
              Even if you were my parents I'd just like to know what I did wrong. What did I do to have you abandon me and make me live in a life of torture. Or am I just overreacting again and you're just trying to protect me from something. Ugh, now I'm just referencing books. I'm such a dork. Now that I think of it, why would I get gifts from a mysterious person who hates my guts? Now I'm just being dumb and ranting on a page. A letter isn't even for ranting. My journal is where I do all my rants, write for the fun of it, and take notes and make doodles.
              This is just what would happen if I opened up to someone. I'd tell them all my problems and get one day they're just going to turn around and stab me in the back. Maybe this is just pointless. I'm here, I've made it, but all for what? I don't know who I am, I don't know my purpose. I'm scared of almost every little thing but maybe someone will accept me for that. I'd like to meet someone who'll accept me as I am.
              Hopefully I can befriend someone. It's good to at least have allies. I think the headmaster is at least an ally but I can never tell. He seems nice. I guess the professors are ok. The potions Professor scares me but that's just because he talks monotone. Plus I'm scared of everyone so either way my life's a mess. And I'm definitely not sending this, I'm just gonna throw it away."

Well that was strange. I sigh and go to my classroom. I kept thinking back to the letter but just soon let it slide.