Chapter 6 ~ New Friends

(This is basically what Sofia looks like, you'll learn who she is later in the chapter)

(Y/n)'s POV

A yawn escapes my lips. I rub my eyes after opening them. I noticed I was still in my robes and sigh. I couldn't remember anything that happened after Dumbledore left. I looked at myself in the mirror. After a couple of minutes standing there I wince. I felt a pain and I lift up my robes.

I had a couple bruises. I was surprised to see them. I was able to persuade myself as tho just think that it was an accident or something. Breakfast was soon so I fix myself up and look at myself in the mirror again. I sigh, I was able to stand the bruises and I was soon following everyone down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Sitting down, I try to remember what had happened the other night. I felt eyes burning into my back. As I take a look I see Snape, staring at me. I decided to ask him later what had happened yesterday. Like last time I didn't eat lunch and watched as everyone else ate.

•~Time Skip~•

Arriving in class, I go to my seat. The boys and Ashton weren't allowed to sit with me and that boy James from Gryffindor was moved next to me. Then class went on like normal. We gathered around and I took notes, but Ashton kept poking me, and it was starting to get annoying.

Once we were sent back to our seats I let out an annoyed breath. I made my potion and James made his. I wasn't expecting him to speak so when he did I flinched then looked at him.

"Hi, I'm James Lukas." I nod and look back at my potion and mumble my name to him. "You seem too stay after class a lot, what did you do to have Professor Snape to tell you to stay in the class?" He made it sound like a bad thing. I shrugged.

"I-I don't want to talk about it..." I whisper, taking a glance at him.

"That bad?" He asked, I shook my head.

"J-just personal..." I whisper as Professor Snape approached, expression showing annoyance and approval as he checks, then left. Me and James continue to talk until he left. After all the students left I went to Snape's desk and he looked up at me.

"Do you need something Ms. (L/n)?" He asks, I give a small nod. I looked in his eyes then automatically broke contact.

"W-what happened yesterday?" I ask quietly, I almost immediately regretted saying it that way because he looked at me like I was insane. "I-I mean what happened after our conversation with the Headmaster..." I rephrase, voice getting quieter as I finished.

"You went to your dormitory." He answered simply then looked back at what he was originally doing. I didn't mean to question it but I knew for a fact that wasn't what happened.

"Then why do I have bruises...? Why don't I remember...? I'd remember if I went back to the dormitory because every time I go to the dormitory the prefect always has something to say to me and I usually say it back to him in the morning after figuring out what he means." Maybe I overly spoke, because he sends me an annoyed glare.

"Ms. (L/n) I am rather busy and I'd appreciate it if you'd leave me alone." His voice was a little too harsh, I didn't like it. I tried to say something else but I couldn't. So I just leave.

Instead of going to the charms class like usual, I had flying lessons. Arriving there I saw it was Slytherin's and Ravenclaw's together. I was sad that James couldn't be there since he was Gryffindor, but it was nice to think that I might be able to make a new friend.

"Afternoon class! I'm Madam Hooch and welcome to your first flying lesson!" She spoke loudly, with a smile. "Now what are you all waiting for? Step up to the side of you broomstick!"

We do as told. The brooms looked like the kind described in Cinderella, or in The Wizard of Oz. Looking to my front, there was a Ravenclaw girl with jet black hair, pulled back in a tight ponytail. She had glowing icy blue eyes. She also wore glasses which made them clearer to see and prettier. Her skin was pale and her cheeks were lined with freckles. She also had a small birth mark on her cheek but it just made her eyes stand out more. If she kept her hair down she might be the prettiest girl in school by male definition.

(No offense to males reading this story)

"Stick your right hand over the broom and say up!" She said a little more softer. Sticking out my right hand, I flinched when someone angrily yelled up. Everyone looked at them and he got hit in the face by his broom.

Madam Hooch rolled her eyes as a couple people laughed. I kept my hand over my broom and along with everyone else I said "up!" My broom came up to my hand and I hold it.

"Now. Once you got a hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. Grip it tight!" It was weird, mounting a broom? I guess these were flying lessons. I get on the broom and keep a tight grip on it in the fear I'll fall off. Thanks to my broom calming down and just staying in place, I calmed down a little.

"Now when I blow my whistle I want each and everyone of you to kick up from the ground hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly, and touch back down. On my whistle: three, two" the whistle was blown and everyone kicked off the ground. I hover slightly, once I was comfortable with moving again I leaned forward slightly then I do as told and touch back down.

"Wonderful job Ms. (L/n)!" Madam Hooch applauds while I realized that flying is just gonna make me fear a lot more things. "And wonderful job Ms. Mies." She said, applauding the Ravenclaw girl in front of me. As Madam Hooch helped other students, I got the guts to talk to her.

"H-hi...!" I say, looking at the girl, she was roughly the same height as me and to my surprise she smiled at me.

"Hi," She said, I smile at her and she put her hand out "Sofia Mies! What's your name?" She asked.

"(Y-(Y/n) (L/n)" I say, she nods.

"It's very nice to meet you!" She exclaims then takes a quick look at me. "Why you're as thin as a needle! You're very pretty though!" She compliments, making me blush in embarrassment.

"U-um... thanks..." I brush my hair behind my ear. "You're really pretty too... I-I love your eyes..." I compliment back. She gives a bow.

"Why thank you!" I give a soft giggle at her action. We talked and talked until the class was over. "Would you like to come with me to the library? We can continue to talk there, ready and have some fun!" She said with a smile. I smile back and nod.

"C-can I bring someone else along with us...?" I ask, nervous of her answer. Though she smiles and nods.

"Of course! The more the merrier! I'll meet you there!" I nod and she left to the library. I start to wander around the school looking for James. Though I just ran into Snape. Literally.

I squeaked and fell on my butt. He was fine, standing there looking down at me with a raised brow. I get up carefully.

"S-sorry Professor..." I whisper, scared of getting in trouble. He scoffs and rolled his eyes.

"Just get to where your going and pay attention." He starts to walk off and I saw James. I smiled and waved him over.

"J-James!" He came over and I could tell Snape stopped and glanced at us. "W-would you like to join me and my new friend in the library?" He nods.

"Sure! But why the library...?" He asks, I shrug. I give him a smile so he smiled back.

"N-not sure, I mean... she's a Ravenclaw so I guess the stereotype of their house is they like to read and be smart or something...? B-but she's nice so it's ok." I explain, he nods and we leave to the library. I spot Sofia and we go over.

"H-hi...!" I whisper slightly. James waves at her. "T-this is James...!" I introduce, she puts her hand out and they shake hands.

"Sofia Mies...! Pleased to meet you James...!" She whispers to him, pulling her hand away. He nods.

"Nice to meet you too...!" We sat and talk, and read. Talked some more and read. It was fun. The weird thing was that I kept seeing Snape. I brush it off as he had a lot to do and enjoyed my time with my two new friends.