dinner !

"So I was thinking you could do the hotter planets by the sun, I'll do the colder ones."
"Sounds good," Max smiled at Mike, they began working on their project, laughing and having a blast. Mike began to feel bad for always being so mean to her, but in reality he just really liked her.
"So how long have you known Will? You guys just seem really close," Max questioned
"We met in kindergarten, he was alone and so
was I, so I went over and said hi. We've been best friends ever since then." Mike smiled
"But tell me a bit about yourself," He didn't really know Max that well, but he wanted to.
"I was born and raised in California, and had a lot of friends my whole life, but then my mom got married and we moved here," She sighed
"Well I promise Hawkins isn't as boring as it seems," Mike looked at her with a smile
"Yeah..maybe you could show me around?"
Max smiled back, staring right into his eyes

The two worked on their science project for what felt like forever, but was really just an hour.
"Kids! Dinners ready!" Karen wheeler called out from the dining room, Mike and Max stood up heading out of Mikes bedroom. They sat down beside each other at the table, Karen smiled, secretly she hated Elle and wished Mike would date someone else. She found Elle to be selfish and manipulative towards Mike.
"So when did you two meet?" She asked
"I saw Max at the arcade before-" Mike was cut off by the front door swinging to an open
"Hey babe, what's for dinner?"

Elle walked inside the Wheeler household with a proud smile, she looked down at Max and glared. "Oh Elle! You're here, hi.." Mike tried his best to act excited about her arrival "Come sit."
She walked over to Max with a sour grin
"Do you mind? I wanna sit next to my boyfriend."
"Yeah, Sure." Max stood up, rolling her eyes. She took a seat next to Nancy, who kindly smiled.
"It's nothing personal, she's just a bitch."
The older girl whispered to Max, making her giggle slightly, but she was still upset.

"Babe what are you doing here?" Mike crossed his arms facing Elle in his bedroom, Max was in the kitchen helping Nancy and Karen clean up.
"I wanted to stop by and see you, I missed you."
Elle leaned in to kiss Mike, but he quickly moved
"Is this about Max?!" Elle raised her voice
"What? Max?! I promise you I don't like her, I'm just really tired from our project, I love you."
Mike faked a smile, he leaned in kissing her, he imagined what'd it'd be like to kiss Max.
"I love you too, now kick her out of here,"
"Elle-" Mike began, but she stopped him
"Now Mike." She crossed her arms at him

Micheal walked down the stairs, pissed off
"Hey, I think it's time you go." He spoke cold
"What? But we barely got anything done,"
"Just go, you're being super annoying."
Max felt her eyes fill up with tears, she was shocked by how Mike was treating her
"Fuck you Mike." She grabbed her bag, storming out of his house. She hopped on her board, skating as fast as possible as tears rolled drown her red cheeks, she was heartbroken.

this is what we call a toxic ass relationship