Faramir x You (Boromir's Daughter)

Imagine being Boromir's Daughter and after your father's untimely death, Faramir is forced to tell you what's happened. You become his, and together with Eowyn you live out a happy and cherished life. Becoming a Lord/Lady of both Gondor and Rohan. 

All imagines taken from @rememberkingthranduil on Instagram. 

This one is a sad Imagine, so be prepared. 

*****

"Where is daddy?" You ask, your small voice shrill as the wounded soldiers pour through the gates of Gondor, the only sound to comfort you was the silence of the men, their armour stomping and their chain metal clinking against the barren, musky air. 

The air smelt rotten. 

You were only a small girl, brought up in Gondor and under the stuarts protection, you were royal blood and so help anyone who dared defy the general's daughters orders. 

"Please..." You began to sob as the men walked by, you became lost in a cloud of soldiers, shadow after shadow looming past you. 

Your felt tears fall down your cheeks, but no one stopped. 

Your father was meant to return months ago. 

A rider had brought news one day, carrying your father's shattered horn. Your face had lit up in excitement as you ran into the throne hall. 

"Is daddy back?" You asked the rider, hope blooming from your small form as you tugged against the riders greeves. 

The rider would not look at you, but at Denethor, then you were ordered out. 

You hadn't spoken to Grandfather Denethor since, you hadn't even been allowed back into the throne room.

Now you stood helplessly amongst the sea of moaning men, wounded from the battle ended. 

"(Y/n)?" You heard a soft voice call. 

Your head shot up as you tried to locate the voice. 

"Here! I'm here!" You sobbed, men were pushed aside gently as Uncle Faramir found you. 

"Oh (Y/n)!" He scooped you up immediately, his body shook as he cried. 

"Uncle? Why are you crying?" You asked much more settled, 

"I've been fighting for quite a long time, I am very happy to see you've not been hurt (Y/n)" he chuckled, leaning back to plant a firm kiss against your cheek. 

"We won?" You asked innocently as you felt a small smile spread across your face.

Faramir moved out of the crowd and let you up the steps into the throne room.

"Yes. Yes we won (y/n)" Faramir smiled, you whimpered slightly as Famair walked under the archway to the throne room, your face pressing into his shoulder. "(Y/n) are you alright?" 

"Grandfather said.. I wasn't allowed in the throne room. Ever since the rider returned to Gondor with Daddy's horn..." You trailed off as Faramir halted and swallowed hard. 

He held you tightly as he sighed, realising you hadn't been told. 

He let you down, kneeling before you. 

"(Y/n) I need to tell you something important, you must listen." Faramir's eyes were full of sadness and you were frightened but nodded anyway. 

"Daddy was given a very important mission, he went into battle and fought very bravely against orcs, mountain trolls, monsters, the eye of sauron and the one ring itself."

"Woah." You spoke softly. "When is he coming home?"

"He..." Faramir paused, taking your small hand gently in his rough one. 

"He is home." He continued, pressing your hand to your heart with his own, "In here." 

You stood in silence for a moment, blinking as you didn't take your eyes off your chest, hearing your own heart beat loudly. 

After a moment your eyes glistened, they welled and they wrenched shut as you choked back loud sobs. 

"Daddy.. is... isn't... coming, is he?" You finally spoke out loud. 

Faramir's tears fell as you spoke the words, the realisation hitting him hard as he watched you. 

"No sweetheart. No, he isn't." His voice was soft, his arms brought you to him as he collapsed and lent against one of the pillars. 

You cried into his tunic for hours. 

Exhausted, you both fell asleep. 

*****

You woke early the next day, the men seemed more energetic and the city was more alive and busy. 

You wandered into the throne room to see several figures you didn't know. 

"Uncle..." You spoke softly. 

The group stopped talking and a tall man with white hair and beard turned toward you. 

You were nervous and Faramir smiled gently, assuring you it was ok. 

"This must be (Y/n), daughter of Boromir." The man with white hair spoke, a smile on his face. 

You nodded, your expression sollum at the mention of your fathers name. 

"Your father was very brave, one of the bravest men I've ever met." Another man with dark hair spoke. 

"He saved our lives." Two smaller men spoke from the corner of the room. 

"He was loyal, to the very end." The elf added in. 

"A fierce warrior." The dwarf growled proudly. 

"Your father is still with us, (y/n), no one is ever truly gone." The man with white hair spoke, his words wise and calming. 

You smiled with pride at their words, your eyes glistened as you nodded, watching their friendly expressions. 

"Daddy is here." You spoke softly, holding your hand over your heart. "He is home." 

The group exchanged glances and the dark haired man nodded with a small chuckle as his eyes glistened. 

"Yes, Yes he is." 

Faramir moved forward and you ran to his arms, he picked you up and your face went into his shoulder. 

"Faramir." 

"My lord." 

"You have given all you can, now you are needed here, with (y/n)." 

Faramir felt conflicted by this order but holding you in his arms, you were now his responsibility, your mother had died during childbirth and now he was all you had. 

"I thank you, Lord Aragorn." Faramir bowed and turned to leave the council. 

He walked you toward the outer balcony, laid you down to rest in the breeze as you rolled over and closed your eyes. 

"I'll protect you. For as long as I shall live, my breath shall protect you." Faramir spoke as he gently ran his fingers through your hair. "You are but a splitting image, you have his eyes, his hair.. no doubt his attitude soon too." He quietly chuckled. 

Faramir looked out over the barren war fought lands and actually smiled, his fighting was done for now, but his hope was unbreachable. Light shone down on Gondor and its people, "If you're watching us brother, take peace in knowing the vision you fought for, is now a reality." 

In the lower levels, horns rang out in celebration of Boromir, Lord of Gondor, and his legacy.