Chapter 14- Understand

I told Casey to meet me at the park at 3. I had to somehow explain to my parents that I needed to see Casey again, having supposedly spent last night at her house. Sometimes parents were so oblivious. I opened the front door and strolled into my house.

“I’m back!” I yelled and Connor came sprinting into the hallway.

“Olive!” He called me that because when he was a baby he couldn’t say my full name so he just shortened it and now it’s stuck. “Can you help me with my homework?” I nodded and ruffled his hair; he gave me a hug and told me that mum was in the kitchen.

I grabbed an apple off the fruit bowl and bit into it as I sat down on the counter.

“How was Casey’s?” My mum smiled as she unloaded the dishwasher.

“Good.”

“What did you do?” Why was she prying?

“Um, nothing really, we chatted and watched some movies then went to bed.” I lied.

“Really?”

“Mmmhmm.”

“Because I just had Casey’s mum on the phone and she told me that neither you nor Casey stayed at her house last night.” Oh fuck. Probably better to come clean here, no doubt I’d be grounded for the rest of the week.

“Okay mum, don’t get mad but we went to a party. It was only for a bit then I left.”

“Where did you go after that?”

“A friend picked me up and I crashed at their house.” I had to be careful in my choice of words because I knew my mum would freak if I mentioned a boy here.

“Who? Marina?”

“No.”

There was a pause and I considered lying and saying that Gemma picked me up but she couldn’t drive either and no doubt my mum would pick up on my lies.

“Who then Olivia?”

“He’s called Harry okay mum? I was with a guy but nothing happened and he’s only a friend.” My mum was silent and I expected a rant. Instead she stood up and came over to me.

“Its okay Ollie, you’re not a child anymore and I don’t mind you going to parties and being a teenager but please be careful. I care about you.” She kissed my forehead and went back to the dishwasher. That was unexpected. The cool thing about my mum is that, in her modeling days, she partied hard so she knows what its like and she doesn’t worry too much about me. I mean that’s how I came along, I know I was an accident; she had me when she was 21 which put her career on hold but she carried on after I was born.

“So is Harry nice?” I groaned and got up.

“He’s just a friend!” My mum laughed as I climbed the stairs.

***

I sat on the swing scrolling through my texts as I waited for Casey. I looked up as I heard my name being called and my heart stopped.

Casey was walking hand in hand with Mikey but behind them I could make out Ashton holding hands with Jennifer and Luke with Carrie. Oh great, a couple’s party and I was suddenly the only single. I’d invited Casey, not the whole punk brigade!

“Hey Olivia!” Casey smiled and let go of Mikey to hug me. I reluctantly hugged back and whispered:

“What the hell are they doing here?”

Casey just grinned before going back to Mikey and making out with him. Uh, PDA was a bit of a turn off when you looked at it like that. I awkwardly scuffed the toe of my shoe on the ground. There was an uncomfortable silence minus Casey and Mikey’s groans and slobber noises. They sat down on the benches opposite the swings and I sat back on the swing.

“So, where did you go yesterday Ollie?” Luke said while he lazily draped his arm over Carrie and placed a kiss on her temple. Why the fuck was he calling me Ollie? Only my family and close friends called me that.

“Uh, I went to a friend’s house.”

“Is that friend a guy?” Luke rubbed his nose against Carrie’s. Okay now he was just rubbing it in my face. PDA has never pissed me off as much as now.

“So what if he is?” I shrugged and saw Ashton look up. He still held Jennifer close and she leaned her head against his chest. He looked angry and I felt a spark of hope that he still cared about me.

“Nothing, we are just looking out for you. You left late and didn’t come back so we assumed you’d got it on with someone.” Uh, is that what they thought of me? I’m not a fucking slut.

“Well it’s none of your concern if I did.” I snapped and got up. Ashton rose too and spoke for the first time.

“So you did?” I didn’t bother answering and walked off. I should never have agreed to meet Casey, she was being such a bitch, and she knew I’d wanted to meet privately.

Ashton grabbed my wrist and I immediately pulled away.

“Let go of me Ashton.” I spat through gritted teeth. Surprisingly he did let go and stepped backwards.

“What’s wrong, why are you suddenly being such a bitch?”

“Me? I’m the one being a bitch?! Hello, wake up Ashton! You tell me you care then you go and push me away then you have the nerve to turn up here with your little blue puppy clinging onto you like some kind of puppet! And I’m the one being a bitch?!” I breathed out, satisfied with my rant. Ashton, however, looked unfazed by my little outburst.

“Where did you actually go last night?”

“It’s none of your fucking concern Ashton, so just leave me alone.”

Ashton looked hurt but didn’t press it further, instead he turned but not before saying:

“He should fucking treat you better.”

DUN DUN DUNNNNN ;))) Don't be ghosties my loverlies, comment and vote! I'll admit, you guys are awesome at voting and commenting so I won't nag too much. Hope you're enjoying the story still, there's so much more drama to come omg! It would be lush to get this book to 400 reads so please read and share!!! <3 xxx