Protective brother mode

Jess POV:

I finished getting ready for Jackson when I remembered that I had not told Anna that I was going to be out for the night

I finished getting ready for Jackson when I remembered that I had not told Anna that I was going to be out for the night. Mom and dad were visiting Nan and granddad so I didn't have to worry about them. 

"Anna," I asked in my sweetest voice.
"What do you want Jess?" Anna asked as she looked up from her laptop.
"Well, this boy I really like asked if I would like to go to the cinema with him tonight. And I said yes?" I said more as a question near the end.
She looked at me with a little concern.
"Which boy is it?" she asked.
"The one that is in my English class. He came over a few times before, remember?"
She took a few moments to think and after some convincing and promising, she said yes.
"Thanks so much!" you said in excitement.

"What's going on?"
I turned to see Jack and Conor standing at the door.
Jess is going out tonight." Anna stated.
"With who?" Conor asked.
"With a group of friends. You know them. Grace and Ruth" I nodded.
"Are you sure she's old enough to go out this late at night?" Jack asked while looking at Conor.
"Why are you being like this? I'm old enough, and Anna already said yes. So I am going to head off and meet them."

I ran back to my room, but I could hear my brothers talking to Anna downstairs. Eventually, the doorbell rang and unfortunately, the boys beat me to the door.

"Hey, I'm here to pick up Jess." Jackson said with a nervous smile.
"Yeah, she's coming." Conor said.
"Are you going to let him in Con?" I asked coming down the stairs.
"Oh yeah, sorry." He said.

I looked at him and could tell that his protective side was definitely showing. After introductions Jackson led me out the door before we left towards the cinema.

"This place is fancy" I stated as we sat down at a table in a restaurant after the movie. "I was half expecting you to take me to Nandos"
"I did think about it' he smirked.
"This is weird isn't it? Us being on a date I mean" I laughed.
"I'm so relieved you said that, I was worried it was just me that felt that way' he let out a sigh of relief and  we ordered food.
"I was worried that this would ruin our friendship. Then it would be awkward for the others." I admitted.
"How about this" Jackson took my hand across the table "we treat this like a proper date, you're my girlfriend I'm your boyfriend, then if at the end of the night it doesn't feel right, then we'll go back to just being friends and forget that this ever happened?"
"That sounds like an excellent idea" I agreed. 

We carried on talking over dinner. Now that our emotions were out in the open we were both free to enjoy the evening and I found that being on a date with Jackson wasn't half as scary as I'd anticipated. 

After dinner Jackson took my hand and led me along the street and back to a cab. We sat in silence the whole way back to mine until we pulled up. Jackson told the driver he'd be back before getting out and walking me to the door.

"Thanks for tonight Jackson, I really enjoyed it." I smiled.
"I'm glad you did. I'll seya in school then?"
"Yeah definitely."
"Great. I'll seya then.
"Yea seya."

He kissed my cheek before leaving. I watched the cab drive off before heading inside. I took off my shoes and coat before heading to the stairs.As I reached the start of them I seen Jack and Conor sitting in front of the TV.

"Hey guys." I said sitting next to them.
"So how was it?" Jack asked.
"It was great. Lot's of fun."
"was it really?" he asked.
"Yeah."
"So you weren't at the local restaurant then with that guy who collected you at the door?" Conor asked.
"What do you mean?" I asked confused.
"Oh I don't know. Just, Oli was on a date with his girlfriend and seen you sitting with a guy alone." He said looking around.
"You got me." I sighed, cursing Oli in my mind.
"So, now that we know. Was it a date?" Jack asked.

I could see a lot of concern in they're eyes but I didn't make a huge deal out of it. I gave them a hug and made my way to my room without saying anything. I finished getting ready for bed and got under the covers before closing my eyes and turning off the lamp.