Christmas surprise

Jessica POV:

"Hey Jess." Anna whispered gently, shaking me.
"Hmm."
"Wake up. It's Christmas"
"Okay. I'll be down in a minute." I yawned as I sat up in her bed.

She nodded and I left to go into my room. I changed and done my makeup before heading down. I grabbed my coat as I looked into the living room. Anna, Jack and Connor were there with my parents. I smiled sadly as I opened the front door, slipping out into the cold. 

Connor POV:

Connor POV:

I laughed with the others as we sat in the living room. I finished my breakfast as I heard the front door open. I looked to see Jessica slip out, looking at us. I sighed and put my bowl down before going to follow her.

"Where you going?" Jack asked.
"Just getting some fresh air."
"Oh well I'll go with you. Just incase you collapse or anything." Dad said as he went to get up.
"No, I'll be fine. Honestly, stay inside, I'll be in shortly." I said as I went to the hall.

I grabbed my coat and reached into my pocket to see the rectangular box still there. I smiled and looked into the sitting room as I grabbed my coat, nodding to Jack as I headed outside. I looked around as I put the jacket on to see Jessica walking the footpath with her coat wrapped around her.

"Jess." I called as I jogged to her.

Jessica POV:

"Jess"
I turned to see Connor jogging towards me.
"Go home Connor." I sighed.
"Not without you." He stated as he caught up with me.
"Not like I'll be missed."
"You are." He said causing me to give him the 'really' look. "Okay, maybe not by mom and dad. But me, Jack and Anna do. Come on please." He practically begged.
"No Connor, you got around me last year, you won't this year." I sighed as we sat on a swing as we got to the park.
"Try me." He smiled.
"Connor, last year was bad and you know it. I kept getting evil looks across the table from them. They forgot I existed during the present which isn't that bad but ho forgets there own child. I can't do it anymore Connor I really can't." I cried, near tears. 
"YOu don't have to."
"Ehh yeah I do." 
"Nope."
I looked at him in confusion. Causing him to laugh.

"What are you guys going to do today anyway." I sighed.
"Nothing much actually." He shrugged.
"Well shouldn't you be getting back."
"In a minute"
"Why in a minute."
He looked at me and put his hand into his coat pocket. I looked at him in confusion as he put his hand towards me, showing a box.
"What?" I asked in confusion.
"Merry Christmas." He smiled.
"Ehh, thanks" I smiled, taking it.
"Open it." He hinted.
I sighed and began to undo the ribbon.
"I know you haven't had the best life so far. Seeing ma push you in the hospital showed me that. It broke my heart that you are being treated like that. So......." He started as I open the box to show a script of paper.
"Open it" He hinted.
I unrolled it and my eyes widened as I read it. I looked at him tearfully as he smiled with tears in his eyes.
"Can I adopt you Jessica? I promise to protect you and to not let anything happen to you." Conor asked tearfully.
"Connor......... Why?"
"Because I don't want you to be neglected. When I seen ma hit and push you at the hospital I knew I had to do something. I want to know that you are cared for and that you are safe. I want you to have a happy life. One where you don't have to worry about being forgotten." He explained, looking at me.
I smiled.
"So, can I?" He asked hopeful.
I looked at him with a watery smiled.
"Please." I answered causing him to pull me into a hug.
"Come on, let's go home." He smiled.
"DO the others know?" I asked as we walked back.
"Yep." He smiled, as we got to the door.

Connor opened it to show mum and dad sitting in the living room with Jack and Anna. As we walked in they turned to face us. Jack smiled as COnnor nodded at him.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late. I was just adopting someone that was very close to me." Connor explained.
"What you mean Connor?" Mum asked.
"This is Jessica. YOu know, your forgotten daughter. The one who you left behind all the time. Yeah well I adopted her. She won't be under your roof anymore, she'll be with me. Whre I know she'll be cared for properly." He replied.
"We don't have another daughter Connor, only Anna. But welcome to the family sweetie." Dad smiled sweetly.
"Drop it, they know." I muttered to Connor.
"Yeah okay." he sighed and we went to sit with Anna and Jack.

"I'm glad your going to be cared for properly now." Anna smiled as she hugged me.
"Yeah me too." I smiled.

From then on, I lived with Connor. I never seen my parents after that. They didn't seem to care that much so I didn't bother. I ended up following Connors footsteps and started a singing career. Anna moved out of home and moved closer to us. Jack was an hour away so it wasn't too far. Overall my life changed fr the better after that surprise, and I wouldn't change it for the world.