How it all began

A boy was walking home in the dark. For a second year, in high school, it was unheard of. But, his father trusted him. He was a quiet boy, spectacular grades but stricken with anxiety, yet kind through it all. He heard a yell, and saw a drunk man harassing a woman.

Woman: Please no!

Man: C'mon, I'll pay ya triple!

The boy was angered, and walked swiftly to the man, placing his hand on his shoulder. The man, very drunk, turned and walked right into a street lamp.

Man: Ow! Damn sue, I'll brat! Wait, no, that's not right. Sue brat, I'll damn!

Woman: Don't you mean, "damn brat, I'll sue"?

Man: Oh yeah, that.

The boy looks at the woman with a look screaming 'why?'.

Timeskip

A rough faced man paced back and forth in front of the boy, obviously his father.

Father: So, you didn't do anything to the man, you saved the woman, yet you got blamed anyway?

The boy nods.

Father: Son, speaking from experience, the best thing to do is serve your probation.

He embraces his son.

Father: I still am proud of you for sticking up for that lady. I have a friend in Shibuya who can look after you, and I'll enroll you in Alrest Academy.

The boy smiles, knowing he made his hero proud.

Timeskip

The boy stood in front of a cafe, a sign on the window saying 'Leblanc'. He walked in, the bell above the door jingling as the door opened.

Middle-age man: Oh. You must be Hiero's kid. I'm Sojiro Sakura. Sorry about the whole framing thing. Your room is up the stairs.

The boy bowed, which earned a grin from Sojiro, and went up the stairs. The room was like an attic, full of objects covered in sheets, under which a bench, couch, table and bed, free of dust, existed.

The boy moved everything to more comfortable spots, and found a journal with a note from the police-

" This is your probation journal. Record activities truthfully- they will be cross-referenced."

The boy sighed, since he obviously had no freedom.

Sojiro: Hey, kid! C'mon down here!

The boy quietly descended down the stairs, noting the great soundproofing of all the hustle and bustle of the below cafe.

Sojiro: I want to teach you how to make coffee, and maybe let you earn some extra spending money.

The two spent the next 4 hours- almost to 2 pm- learning and teaching, until the boy had been deemed worthy. Just then, the duo heard the bell ring, and turned to see 2 girls, about the boy's age, walking in.

Sojiro: Well, if it isn't my red-headed regular! Who have you brought here today?

Red: This is my sister, Mythra. Who is that, poking out from behind you?

Sojiro: Huh? Oh, this is my new worker, who apparently, is a bit shy. Kid, this is Pyra, one of my best customers.

The boy stepped out of Sojiro's shadow and waved.

The girls sat in a booth.

Pyra: I'll have my regular- Jenerossi.

Mythra: I'll just have some strawberry cake.