How the hostility started

Y/N shot up. He had 2 hours until school started, so he decided to do some browsing in the surrounding shops. He found a secondhand store and bought a TV for 3000 yen, a real deal.

He then returned to the cafe, packed his bag, and was off (after eating breakfast).

He took a train to get closer to the academy, and on the way, he saw 2 people squatting in front of a sword. Gangsters, obviously. One with black hair, one with white.

White: Hey. Are you the new kid?

Y/N nods and continues to walk.

Black: Hey! Don't ignore us!

Y/N: I don't wish to be a criminal, despite my record. And before you ask, I was not actually guilty of the crime that I was charged with.

The boy disappears into the crowd

The black haired boy's phone rang.

Black: Akhos. What's up?

Akhos: I found some dirt on that new student like you asked. Did he join?

Black: No. He seems like he won't, no matter what we throw at him.

Akhos: Well, anything but this, Malos.

Malos grins.

Malos: Well, Y/N, you have incurred the wrath if Torna.

White hair: Don't you think this is a tad extreme?

Malos: Not in the slightest, Jin. Not in the slightest.

Timeskip

Y/N was heading back to Leblanc, where Rex and the rest of the group had christened their designated meet-up spot, since the cafe had almost no customers after school.

He held his bag over his shoulder, thinking about the day, mentally quizzing himself, when a boy with red glasses walked up to him, keeping pace as he walked by Y/N's side. His name was Akhos.

Akhos: Are you the new student?

Y/N simply nods to this.

Akhos: Good. Join us or everyone finds out about your father. Yes, we know all about hi-

He stopped talking after he saw that Y/N had bolted off.

Akhos: Ah. Let the information leak begin!

However, unbeknownst to him, an old man with a black birthmark down his left side was watching and heard all of it. He dialed a number on his phone.

???: Adam? Do the procedure we discussed.

~At Leblanc~

Y/N gets through the door panting.

Y/N: Sojiro! They found out my dad's se-

He saw the group from the past week, here already.

Y/N: Ohhhh. Dang it.

Rex: Y/N? What secret?

Y/N: I suppose it doesn't matter now. I'll tell you.

Sojiro leaves, flipping the sign to closed. He understood what was about to happen.

Y/N: My father...was accused of rape. My mother was the one who did it, while she was pregnant with me. She was heralded as a hero, the bravest in the world. The case wasn't even open for a week. On the day that my mother insisted that my father raped her, he was out on a business trip, and she was with a friend all day. My father's life was ruined forever. He lost his job and had to become a priest, since no other place would take him due to the accusation. My mother divorced him a week after the rape case, and won custody of me. My father was forced to pay child support, cutting down his already dwindling salary, but it never went towards me. Instead, my mother took it and went clubbing with her friends, leaving me, a two year old, alone in the dark. When I was 5, she started coming home drunk, sometimes beating me. She never fed me, so I had to steal money from her when she passed out to eat. The hell continued until I was 10, and she drunkenly called my father, passing out halfway through, so I picked up the phone and told my dad the situation. He was there in 1 hour, taking me to his place. I was scarred from my treatment, which is why I kind of panic when I see girls. My father enrolled me in school, in which I excelled, but everyone hated me. They picked on me relentlessly. Beating me up, telling me to kill myself, and so on. They thought to themselves that they were doing a good thing, showing the son of a rapist his place. The teachers never stopped them, because they more or less had the same ideology. I became withdrawn, friendless, isolated. I was the boy in the corner that no one wanted to talk to or interact with, the one who got beat up by everyone in the school, even the nice kids, the one who if he committed suicide a party would be held, the one that was told that no matter what he did, he was worthless. I got depression. I got social anxiety. I was suicidal. My father is the one who saved me, not by telling me to toughen up, but actually helping me through my issues. He never harbored hate for anyone, and I took that idea in stride. So yeah, an accused rapist is my hero.

Everyone looks shocked and concerned. None of them look like they hate him.

Y/N: I suggest you distance yourselves from me. A boy said that he had the information about my father and was going to leak it. Your social standing will dwindle if you stay around me. I understand.

There is a long silence.

Suddenly, Rex speaks up.

Rex: Well, I can't speak for the rest of you, but I will do no such thing!

Mythra: I'm with Rex.

Pyra: Me too.

Nia: We may have not known you for long, but we can all tell that you are not deserving of that treatment.

Dromarch: I agree. I will not back down!

Zeke: Do you honestly expect Thunderbolt Zeke to back down from this?

Pandoria: We'll defend you, should it come to that.

Morag: Agreed. I will do everything in my power to protect you.

Brighid: I too will stand by you.

Their words caused Y/N to smile. He looked down, tears beginning to roll down his cheeks.

Y/N: Everyone...thank you...I could never have asked for friends like you...

He brushes off the tears and looks at everyone with a new happiness in his soul.

Y/N: Now, I'm getting a bit hungry. Anyone want to do hotpot?

Rex: Now THAT I can get behind!

Y/N: All right, I'll go shopping. What does everyone want?

After one hour, everyone was stuffed. Everyone left soon after.

Y/N, once again, was laying down in bed.

For he had found something most go their whole lives without.

True Friends.