A day of the unexpected

Mórag Ladair sat in her room, listening to her father ramble on, trying to decide on what to do.

She sighed.

Elsewhere, Futaba Sakura was curled up in the corner of her room, trying to avoid the thoughts in her head.

She nearly cried.

She wanted someone to help her.

And finally, Y/n slept in his bed, thinking about his father, Mórag and all of his friends.

For them, he hoped.

He hoped for a better future.

The night passed slowly for these three. Every sleepless second felt like an eternity, thoughts racing in their heads, until finally, morning came.

Y/n awoke to Morgana gently nuzzling his face.

The boy got up and swiftly prepared for the school day ahead.

On his way to school, he was wondering how Mórag and Niall were doing. And trying not to fall. But that was a given.

He barely made it to his first class on time. He had not seen Mórag on his way in, and she wasn't in his class. The only notable events before lunch were a few looks from students who likely watched the news about the shooting.

During lunch, the boy's friends were mostly silent, making light conversation with each other. The boy wanted to get up and look for Mórag, but his wound proved to be too intrusive. So he settled for looking out the window.

His phone contained no new messages about the trip planning. The boy knew. Checking one's phone tens of times tends to have that effect.

But he held out hope.

Right about that time, Rex had started to worry for Y/n.

He tapped his friend on his shoulder, startling him.

Rex: What's bothering you? I know it can't be the pain. You're tougher than that.

The boy stayed silent for a few seconds. Pyra and Mythra had stopped talking and were listening in.

Y/n: I'm just . . . worried about Mórag. That bullet was meant for her.

Mythra: Well, if nothing else, she's definitely safe now. An incident like that usually means an increase in security.

Zeke: Right-o. Just a bloody shame our little group's a tad broken up. Say, where's Tora? Doesn't he usually come running to grab a bite with us?

Rex: He's workin' on Poppi, I reckon.

Another moment of silence passed.

The boy sighed and started detailing his day in his journal. What had become an annoying chore was now a rather welcome distraction for the boy.

After that was all done, the group separated, returning to their desks.

Now, one might be wondering at this point where Mórag was that day. The answer to that, quite simply, was in her room, checking her phone for any updates from the student body. And looking out her window.

The rest of the day passed by swiftly for the boy, as though he was in a trance.

Before heading to Leblanc, he decided to check the room that he had helped plan the trip in.

Empty.

The boy half-expected this, but was saddened nonetheless.

He strode out of the gates with Rex by his side.