Part 5

Yellow diamond and blue diamond had a meeting about something, and the pearls and I were left alone.
We were just talking about stupid things, like how some agates were being a little too hard on gems that aren't meant to be under that stress. I had one that almost shattered me once for looking at the humans, so I know what having an abusive agate is like.
"You shouldn't treat gems horribly, no matter your place." Blue pearl said looking at yellow pearl and I.
"If they're equally as horrible I say do whatever you want to as long as it's legal!" Yellow diamond said in her usual semi-bratty tone.
"That's going to sprout chaos on this planet." Blue pearl responded lightly laughing.
"I heard you can sing (yn)!" Yellow pearl said looking at me.
"I mean... yeah? I don't think I'm that good."
"Sing for us then!" She smiled at me, and I just kind of did what I was told.
"Just close your eyes.
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I will be safe and sound" I looked up at yellow and blue pearl.
"You can sing!" Yellow pearl said smiling at me. I blushed and blue pearl laughed.
"She might be a little shy." She said looking at me. The pearls were pretty different from their diamonds, of course they were, but they were supposed to have similar personalities... was this what they were both like before pinks shattering? Both more confident and yellow being more kind but still somewhat bratty in her own way... I could see it. Yellow was sarcastic, and hid her feelings. Blue was kind and much more confident...
I remember that was a song that the first agate that cared for me sang me. I was kind of a mistake... I wasn't a fighter like everyone else.  I had anxiety and fears. They both started playing around on the little screens of theirs, probably checking on their owners but I wasn't going to look. The memory slowly filled my mind.
She was so kind to me, they are supposed to scare gems into doing what they're told, but she was so kind that no one wanted to disobey her. If you did you felt guilty...
I was terrified to go out into battle, I didn't know what I was doing and was scared of being shattered, not excited to fight the crystal gems like the others.
"Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I will be
Safe and sound."
Of course her and everyone else were shattered that day.
Organic beings had mothers and fathers, and that's why I took it so hard. I never forgot some of the things she did for me.
"Is that a (yn)? Really blue?" I turned and saw yellow diamond and just froze.
"She's from the first cut. You told me to find a gem that was mourning also."
"Alright... lets just try not to make the issue worse." She started walking away and yellow pearl got up and waved at blue pearl and I, and we waved back at her.

I wonder if blue even knew about my first... leader? I don't know...
I don't even know if she knew about her at all....

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight
Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound
Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby even when the musics gone, gone
Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound
Just close your eyes, you'll be alright
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound