WWFD (What would Florence do?) Part 2

Jungkook had his camera in his  hand as he headed out of the hotel at about 1:30a.m.  In downtown L.A. it was quiet, busy still but for that time of night quiet with just the local vagrants milling about the streets.  There was a short walkway that crossed a wide alley between the hotel and Staple Center and Jungkook headed in that direction.  He was walking around the center and taking some nighttime photos.  He saw the LED and headed in that direction.  He stopped for a moment because he thought he heard something behind him.  As he is standing there a drunk vagrant bumped into him just as he snaps the shot of the LED with his image in full color.  Jungkook frowns and sets up to take another shot when he hears someone behind him.  He doesn't quite understand what the person is saying but he can tell he is not alone.

"Hey! Whacha taken pictures of pretty boy?" Thug #1 says sarcasticaly.  He doesn't know who Jungkook is and doesn't give a fuck either.  He just sees some out of place kid with a very expensive looking camera that could fetch a few good bucks for drugs.

Jungkook turns around and sees about four guys standing there looking at him.  The one that was talking was taller than Jungkook and a pretty beefy looking guy with dark hair and bad complexion.  He isn't beefy in the muscular way that Jungkook was but in the "I don't miss a meal" kind of way.  The other three guys standing with him were a mix of the local hood-rats with one of them being the smallest boy and he seemed like the mouthy kinda guy.  He always had something to say.  He was shorther than Jungkook and in a very strange way reminded him of a poorer unkempt version of Jimin but nowhere near as beautiful.  Jungkook didn't understand what the guy was asking.  His English had improved for the tour tremendously but it was still not good enough to hold a substantive conversation.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand.  I don't speak English good." He said.  He could feel fear rising in him.  He quickly assessed his situation and didn't have a warm feeling about it.  He wondered if he dashed now would he be able to out-run them back to the hotel.

"Hey, Markus (Thug #1), he ain't from around here.  Ya know what though?  He kinda looks like that guy up on the screen.  You that guy up there?" Lil Thug (the smallest of the four) says.

Jungkook turns around and looks at the LED with his face flashing across it and fear definitely begins to creep into his soul.

A wiry guy that liked to play with his pocket-knife and had a shock of red hair and bad teeth (Thug #2) says, "Shit man! That is the same guy! You from that Asian band that's playin' here ain't ya?"  An evil smile creeps across his face.

Jungkook feels his stomach start to hitch and he feels that ball of fear getting bigger.

"Well boys we are in the presence of a celebrity.  What's your name faggot?" as he starts to step closer to Jungkook.  Jungkook takes a step back but still doesn't respond.  He understands the question.

"Yeah, I hear they out here makin' pussies wet yet the fuck 'n suck each other.  They wouldn't know what to do with a tight pussy if it sat on their face and wiggled, now would you?"  Says Thug #3, a tall lanky black kid with the name of Darius.

Other than the words pussies, fuck and suck did Jungkook understand any of what he had just heard in its context but he did understand it was probably not a compliment.

"Well? Ain't ya gonna answer us faggot? You're insulting us with your silence." said Lil Thug.

Jungkook didn't know what to say when suddenly a set of bright lights were shone on the group of boys.  They all stood still until the light passed.  L.A.P.D. out there to protect and serve weren't doing a very good job tonight.  Although, Jungkook took this as his cue and shot off in the direction of the hotel running as fast as he could.  The other boys realized he shot off and started to trail after him.  Jungkook had gotten to the alley way between the hotel and Staple Center and just as he was ready to cross a vagrant pushing a shopping cart come in front of him.  Jungkook couldn't stop fast enough and barreled full speed into the vagrant and his cart toppling them both over.  Before he could get up two sets of arms grabbed Jungkook and began to drag him back into a very dark part of the alley.  Jungkook felt the strap of his camera being cut and violently yanked away and punches being thrown.  He dropped to the ground and the thugs began to kick him.  They beat Jungkook so badly he was out for a good 2 hours before he regained consciousness again.  When he did it was about 5:00a.m. and he didn't know where he was.  He began to stumble around walking in a daze.  He was seen walking down 11th Street off of Figueroa heading east but no one seem to pay much attention as the way he was walking and acting he was just like all the other homeless in the area.  Nothing to be concerned with except one person saw something different.

On her way to work at one of L.A.'s largest hospitals a nurse notices a young man stumbling down 11th Street.  Something doesn't seem right about him and just as she passes by the boy he looks up then drops to the ground.  She slams on her brakes just before she passes him and pulls her car over.  She gets out and runs over to the boy.  He is badly beaten and he is virtually unrecognizable.  she immediately gets him into her car and heads to the hospital where she works.  She calls for help when she gets to the E.R. and the other nurses bring a stretcher and take him to one of the triage bays and begin to work on him.  The police are called and he is admitted to the hospital.  The nurse goes on to her shift.

During her shift she thinks about the young boy she found and brought in and wonders how he is doing.  She calls down to the E.R.

"Hi Katie?  It's Karen from 3-South.  How's that kid that I brought in doing?"

"Hey Kar-bear!  He's in really rough shape.  He sustained some serious injuries.  Whoever got to him did a damn fine job of beating the crap out of him.  Thing is he is really kinda cute or at least he will be when all the swelling goes down in his face and damn, this kid works out to.  He has a fine ass body.  He's going to the ICU for a few days as he's pretty out of it.  They managed to lacerate his spleen so they want to monitor him"

"Good Lord Katie!  You're not supposted to scope out the patients."  She laughs.  Katie is a cute petite 24-year old nurse.  "Well maybe I'll go check on him later.  Did the police find anything out?"

"Nah, not yet.  He's still out and can't talk.  Well I gotta go, ambulance just pulled up with another homeless guy.  This one has a broken arm I guess.  EMS says he was hit by some kid running.  Talk with you later."  Katie hangs up.

Karen hangs the phone up and completes some of her charting but she can't get the boy out of her head.  During her lunch break she steals down to ICU to check on the boy.  He does look pretty rough.  Both of his eyes are black and blue,  and there is bruising and abrasions everywhere.  He is peacefully resting.  Karen just looks at him and sees what Katie was saying about him being pretty cute at least he probably was before he sustained the beating of a lifetime.  Her heart breaks at the thought of what this young man went through and how scared he must have been.

"Hey Karen.  How's it going on 3-South? Busy?" says the ICU Nurse.

"It's going.  Not too bad.  Not too much family today.  How about you Tara?"

As she's hanging another bag of IV fluids. "Not bad.  I've got this young man here.  He looks like he was a real sweet looking kid.  Too bad someone got to him.  He's gonna be out for a few days the doctor said.  He sustained a pretty severe concussion.  It rattle his cage but good. So why are you down here?"

"I found him on 11th and Fig wandering and I saw him drop to the ground.  I've been concerned about him since. Have the police found his family?" Karen asks.

"No.  he didn't have any I.D. on him just some kind of electronic reader card but they aren't sure where it goes to.  It looks like it could be a hotel key.  The police are waiting until he wakes up." says Tara.

Karen's pager goes off. "Bzzzzz, Bzzzzz, Bzzzzz. Well I have to get back to the floor.  I'll try and stop by before I leave.  I don't expect any changes but now I'm just really concerned for him and his family."

"Aaah, Karen you are such a good Nurse.  So caring and compassionate.  I'll talk with you later."  Tara says and leaves the room followed by Karen,