Jungkookie! Part 4

He got through the rehearsals and they headed back to the hotel. Jimin went straight to his room. Then he hears a knock on the door.

          "I just want to be left alone for a while." Jimin yells at the door.

          "Sir, this is L.A.P.D., we'd like to ask you some questions?"  The statement was made by an obviously very fluent Korean-speaker.

It somewhat startled Jimin.  He wasn't expecting that.  He gets up from the bed and opens the door to two very muscular Korean men.

          "Sir, I'm Detective Li and this is my partner Detective Bo.  We were sent here to investigate the missing person report of one of your members.  A Jeon Jungkook.  Normally, we don't investigate adult missing persons for 48 hours but since this is a special case we came in right away.  What can you tell us about him?"

          Jimin allows them to enter his room and they sit at a table across from his bed.

          "What do you want to know?"  Jimin became a bit apprehensive.  He was used to being guarded about his relationship with Jungkook.  They had to be.  While highly speculated within the fandom, it was never denied nor confirmed by BigHit and BTS.  Although, the signs were pretty clear.

          "Do you have any recent pictures of him that we can use?" Detective Bo asks.

          Jimin goes to his wallet and pulls out a picture of he and Jungkook looking each into other in the eyes.  "Here.  This is all I have right now.  I have more on my camera."  He said blandly.

Detective Bo is looking at the picture intently. "Sir, can I ask you the nature of your relationship with Mr. Jeon?"

          Jimin's back went ram-rod straight and his expression became very stern.

          "Is it important to the investigation?" Jimin says in a clipped voice.

          "It is.  Can you please tell us the nature of your relationship to Mr. Jeon?" says Detective Bo.

          "He is my boyfriend.  Say anything publicly and I will deny it." Jimin says sharply.

          "How long had you two been seeing each other?" Detective Li asks.

          "Seeing each other?  Since we were trainees.  Dating each other since 2015." Jimin responds flatly.

          "So, did you have disagreements often?" asks Detective Li.

          "We are like any couple.  We have our ups and downs, petty jealousies, arguments but I never loved anyone in my life like I love him." He says feeling a small part of his heart starting to break.

          "Did you have a fight last night?" Detective Li

          "No. Not at all." A small upturn in the corner of Jimin's mouth comes as he remembers last night with Jungkook.

          "Can you tell us what you did last night?" asks Detective Bo

          "After we had dinner with our members at the Korean BBQ down the street we all came back here.  Kim Taehyung, Jungkook and I went to the bar to toast Jungkook's 21st birthday.  It's the first time in our travels back to Los Angeles that he could drink alcohol so we wanted to celebrate.  We were probably down in the bar for a little over an hour and then we came upstairs and into our rooms and that was it."

          "Was it, Mr. Park?  My understanding is that Mr. Jeon's room is the adjoining room to this one.  Is that right? asks Detective Li.