The Woman on the Floor

'Blood, covered in blood. The life of her loved one, taken so quickly. There's so much blood, red and red for miles. It's just blood... Crying screams seep from her sibling, as the floor pours red.
Red,
red.
RED.'

"GAH-!" Athena wakes in a hot flush pushing Janey's arms away from her, the assassin falls off the bed and hits her ass on the hardwood floor.

This wakes the junker ferociously, she rapidly looks around to find her guest on the cold floor. Chest moving up and down and her eyes, oh god her eyes. Her eyes like headlights, a deer on the road.

"Athena! Athena, what's wrong?!?!" Springs jolts up and attends to the woman on the floor.

She doesn't answer immediately. "I-uh.. J-just a bad dream, don't worry... I.. I'm fine.." Athena attempts to comfort her and gets up off the floor and back on to the bed.

"What the fuck, Athena? What happened?!" The tall blonde asks frantically, concern and care showing in her face.

"It was just a dream.. Nothing else." She flatly responds, obviously not knowing how much worry she was putting on the mechanic.

"You screamed in your sleep! Athena please, tell me what's wrong." Janey pleads, reaching for the assassin's hands and holds them lightly.

"I told you, Janey. I'm fine." Athena locks away her growing urge to tell the pleading woman, she fights to keep her facade up.

"I know your lying. Stop acting tough and just tell-"

"I'M FINE!! I'm... Fine.." Athena yells, tears forming in her crystal blue eyes. It's not normal for her to cry, the exposure of emotions and feelings. She hates it so much.

"Athena..." Janey breathes, watching the tears fall from her eyes. The guilt rides up her body and festers in her head. A sore pulls at Athena's throat and catches her breath as she tries to hold back the cascading tears.

The hot tears stream down her face and puff up her cherub cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"It's okay, don't worry." Janey smiles patiently.

Athena presses her hands against her eyes in order to catch the tears, they pool in the centre of her palms as she wipes the wetness onto the duvet whilst Janey wasn't looking.

Falling back into the duvet, the two women embrace each other in warm company and comfort. Bringing down the blue's stimulanted brain.

Springs runs her right hand through her hair as her left is wrapped around the woman's waist. The air inbetween them is almost non-existent when Athena leans in to lay her head against Janey's neck. The thick navy blue locks tickling the junker's skin. Janey's scent relaxes Athena to no end, machine oil, sweat and Dahl's $2 shampoo. Taking in the sweet somnolent the gladiator drifts off in peace and warm arms.

-TIME PASSES-

Janey wakes as she smiles down at the still sleeping gladiator, running her fingers through her hair, brushing the stray locks behind her ears. Leaning down a little she kisses her forehead before slowly and gently easing out of the assassin's grip.