Pain and Pity

Athena argues with her mind; deciding whether or not she should go back to Janey's place. But the reality was that a few of her things were there, her guns, her supplies. But she also had to return something, an item of clothing she'd forgotten she was wearing. Her mind wandered for a while, but still the tall junker imprinted in her glaring eyes.

Dragging her feet to the edge of the stairs, she lifts her foot and lets out the breath she was keeping in. A second foot then reaches the other, then the third quickly followed after. Each step she took, the faster she went up, whether it was a desire to get her things back, or a desire so see the woman she just fucked, she was desperate to get to that apartment.

-TIME PASSES-

Passing a lootable trash bin; with no care, she cracks it open with Xyphos, only to land her eyes on assault rifle ammo and 20 bucks.

"Better than nothin'.." She shrugs off as her heeled feet push her forward and to a place she was unsure of. She was waiting for something, someone.

---------------------------------------------------------

Standing at the foot of Janey's apartment, her heart beats out of her chest, she can hear it in her head, feel it pounding at her thoughts. Athena holds the power to see Janey, and she takes a risk she was positive she would regret. Thrill and crippling embarrassment hauls her to the door and screams at her to open it.

Lifting her hand to her jacket pocket above her breast and picks out the key, placing the metal in the door she cracks the lock, and the door opens.

What her eyes met she didn't want to see.

Janey was sat on the couch, one knee up next to her chest, and tears falling from her eyes, streaming down her cheeks, leaving her face a red mess.

"Janey..?" Athena asks, closing the door slowly and locking it, embarrassment coiled in her voice, fresh memories fly around in her head and remind her what she did.

Springs looks up at Athena and stands, rubbing her eyes, trying to rid of the tears that were there, she sniffs and rubs her hands on her shirt.

The assassin looks at her, no words to say. But a thousand in her head.

Putting her shield and sword down by the door, next to the umbrella and coat rack. She shakes as those thoughts rattle through her.

Is Janey upset with her? Did she do something wrong?

Athena walks up to Janey as the junker does the same the assassin. The blonde's face was red and sad, irritation was visible in her tears too.

"So, is there anything you wanna say?" Janey asks, lips trembling.

Confused, the shorter woman looks up at her and fumbles for an answer.

"What?" The assassin says, eyebrows furrowed in confusion, as she looks at Janey.

The blonde scoffs and grins in disbelief, rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand before walking into the kitchen.

"Why did you leave, 'Thena?" Janey's voice wavers, hands on counter and glaring at her.

Athena just looks at her with confusion, visibly looking for an answer to her question.

"I-uh. Th-uh-umm." She stutters, her hands start to sweat as she goes cold.

"Did last night mean nothing to you? Or was it just drunk sex." Janey asks, bitterness spread on her face.