Mistakes

(A/N, I am so sorry, there really isn't much. Pls forgive.)

Waking up in the sin-soaked bed, embarrassment rushes through her as she runs her hand through her sex-torn hair. Pulling out the knots Janey had inflicted the night before. Looking up at the tall frame floating above her, the assassin smiles up at her, but it fades. The memories of last night burst into her mind, each image playing again in her retinas.

Those memories bringing back old ones.

When she remembers the harsh words of her Atlas instructor, she can recall his words the last time she was caught sporting with other women, other meaning many. Not to mention her own squad partners.

But the place she is now, the room she is in now.

She feels at peace, not in danger, out of peril, risk. But for the first time since she was young, she felt at home. She felt at home with Janey. The only home she'd ever had was home-base. So whenever she felt Springs' warm arms hold her with care, the gladiator can't help but smile in delight-

'Stop it!' Athena hits herself in the head with her wide-spread hand.

'It was a one off thing..' She reassures herself, not wanting her true feelings on the matter to get out.

'Shit..' Athena holds her head up and lets out a breath. Quietly moving the covers so she can get out of the bed, lifting herself up, she runs her hand through her hair again. The assassin sits and looks down at her clothes thrown at the floor, spread out in a disorganised pattern of colours. Finally setting her feet on the floor, she gets up, and walks towards her offset of clothing. Bending down to reach her shirt and pants, and throwing them on a nearby chair, Athena then picks up the remaining pieces of clothing.

Feeling the soft fabric against her skin relaxes her, as the smell of cleaned textile wafts up as she remembers it had been washed for her a few days prior. Wrapping the scarf around her slim neck, she looks at herself in a slightly cracked mirror on a wall in the room. Once more, a palm glides through the gladiator's blue hair again, in a sore attempt to tame its wildness. She looks down at her miss-matched Atlas branded socks, sighing, she looks back at Janey, asleep. She traipse' out of the room and closes the door lightly.

Wandering into the living room she turns the main hanging light on and looks at the empty couch. Debating whether or not she wanted to sit down or not.

She eventually decides not to and goes on a hunt, trying to find her crimson armour. Viewing every crevice of the place, eventually finding them in the corner of the kitchen. Picking them up in a hurry she sits on the couch as the red thigh-plate is wrapped round her leg in a snug fit. Along with her chest plate, but a little more difficult. It's not as, 'giving', as it used to be. It crushes her a little, as the metal squeezes her breasts.

"That's not uncomfortable at all." Athena sarcastically laughs to herself, before her last piece of main armour is slid onto her arm, comforting itself on her muscle filled shoulder. But alas, she lifts up her arms to see how she looks. Not exactly something she's done before, staring at herself and her own chest that is.

From the past month, she'd been more self-conscious about herself, always worrying how she looks, if her armour is settled properly, if her chest protrudes out and if her underwear line is showing. Even the smallest things like: if her hair looks okay or if her eyeliner is a little crooked and if she should re-paint her armour.

Lastly, her boots are put on, giving her just that little more height than usual. That extra bit of height giving her a boost of confidence before someone calls her short, that is.

Before heading out of the door, she picks up her Aspis and Xyphos. Opening the entrance door, she looks back at the apartment, eyes can't help but glare at the room she'd slept with Janey in.