Chapter 9

Christian's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since Taylor and I told each other about our feelings. We have gotten closer than ever before. He has taken me out on dates and we had a lot of fun. It feels nice to be around him in this way. It's even nicer when he kisses me. I have never initiated a kiss. I'm too nervous that I'll make a fool of myself. I really like him and everyday that I'm around him those feelings grow more and more.

"Hey Christian. Are you okay? You seen out of it." I turned and saw Leah. When did she get here?

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" She pressed on.

"I'm sure Leah, I'm fine." I told her in a more convincing tone. She nodded and we made our way to my locker. Taylor was there. I got all nervous. He looks really good today. He's wearing and black long sleeved shirt and white jeans and a white vans shoe.

"Hey guys." He waved and us. When we got closer, he pulled me close to him. "Hi." He said to me.

"H-hi." I know I'm blushing, by the smirk on his face.

"Aww, you guys are so cute, it's sicking." She said and pretend to vomit.

"Don't be jealous." Taylor said.

"Like I'll be jealous of you two. It's too cute to be jealous of." She said.

"Umm, guys I have to go. My woodshop teacher told me to meet her before school starts. See you in English, okay?" He said. Then he walked away.

I turned to my locker to take out the books I needed. I was closing it when Leah spoke.

"So, when did Taylor ask you to be his boyfriend?" She asked. I froze for a second.

"Umm, well he didn't really ask." I told her and she looked shock. "I didn't think he had to. I just assumed that we were you know."

"Oh Christian, my naive baby. That's not how it works. One of you have to ask the other to be their boyfriend for it to be official. I knew you wouldn't know that or if you did, you wouldn't have the guts to ask him, so I assumed he would." She told me.

"Well he didn't." I told her, a little disappointed.

Doesn't Taylor want me to be his boyfriend?

"You guys have been dating for two weeks now and he hasn't asked you yet. I wonder why?" I asked. The last part was more to herself than anyone else.

"Maybe he doesn't want to be boyfriends." I told her. She looked up and me with a concerned expression.

"Hey don't think like that. There must be a reason that he hasn't asked you yet. Just don't beat yourself up over it. He likes you, I know he does."

I didn't answer, I just nodded. All I could think about now was why he hasn't asked me yet or is he waiting on me to asked him. Ugh, it's so annoying. I don't know what to do. I have never felt like this about anyone else, let alone being in a romantic relationship with them.

The bell rang signaling the beginning of school. We went to our classes. I don't think I will be able to focus on school today.

It was lunch and we were sitting at our usual table. We were talking about random things. Taylor was sitting beside instead of in front me. Oh, did I forget to mention that we have and new addition to our group. Connie started to hangout with us. She doesn't care about the things they say about me or what they say about her being friends with me. I guess Taylor was right about people here who are will to be my friend.

School came to an end and I was on my way home. Leah and Taylor we're on their why to Taylor's house. He said he has to talk to her. What does he have to talk about that he can't say it with me around? I won't let that bother me though. Why would it? They are friends, they are allowed to have private conversation. It's not like they are doing anything. Leah doesn't like boys and Taylor doesn't like girls.

When I got home. My mom was there. She's not working today.

"Hey Mom. What are you doing?" I asked her when I entered in to the living room.

"Oh hey honey. I was just looking over some papers. Today is my day off and I can't seem to stop working." She laughed.

"I'm going to my room."

"Wait Christian. I need to talk to you." She stopped me. I go to sit beside her.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" She asked. She continued after she saw the confused look I gave her. "I mean, you have been acting weird a few weeks ago and now you're all happy, wish I'm grateful for, but was something wrong before?"

"Umm, well. I was just having some problems with Taylor, but we solved and we are good now, more than good. So there is nothing to worry about." I told her. Should I tell her about Taylor and I? What will she say?

"That's great to here honey. I'm so glad you have friends like Taylor and Leah by your side." She told me with a smile on her face. "Is there anything else you'd like to tell me?" She asked.

I thought about telling her that I like Taylor, but I don't know. So I didn't.

"No. Everything is good."

"Okay then. You can go now."

I got up and went to my room. I plopped down onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. I didn't know that my mom realized that I was upset, when I was having problems with Taylor. Well I should have expected it. She always keeps an eye on me ever since I was six. She watches my behavior, never really left me home alone, unless it's important. She started to be a little less protective, since I started being friends with Taylor and Leah. She probably trust them to look after me and have my best interest at heart. I so glad I met them. Even though I was a little reluctant at first to know them, I'm glad I opened up to them. They make me happy, like genuinely happy, especially Taylor. I think I'm falling for him.

I was about to take out my book to do some homework, when my phone rang. It was Taylor.

"Hey." I greeted him. "You finished talking to Leah?"

"Hey to you too. Yeah I finished talking to her. I'm on my way home now from dropping her off." He said. That was a quick conversation.

"So what did you guys talk about? Or is it something I can't know about?" I was a little curious.

"Well it's something private, but I promise y'all know soon."

"Okay. So did you just call me because you're bored and have no one to talk or what?" I asked him with a smile on my face. I realized that since we got together I started smiling more, real genuine smiles.

"Something like that, but I called you to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Um, I called to ask you on a date. This Saturday. Will you go out with me?" He asked. He sounds nervous. Why would he? We have been on multiple dates. This is not our first one.

"Sure I'll go on a date with you. Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." He told me.

"You know that I don't like surprises. So just tell me."

"No I won't. You'll like this surprise, I know you will."

"Okay if you say so, but be warned I will hit you if I don't."

"You will for sure."

"Hey honey, dinner is also ready, can you come help me with some things?" I heard my mom call from downstairs. I told her I'm on my way.

"Hey Taylor, I have to go. My mom needs me. See you tomorrow. Bye." I told him. He told me bye as well, before I hang up.

Saturday? I have a feeling that this date will be different. I don't know why, but it's the way he was nervous about it. I wonder why? I guess I will have wait and see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: So what's going to happen on Saturday. Why is Taylor so anxious? Continue reading and find out. Follow and comment as well, I really want to know what my readers think about the story so far. Thank you 😊