Chapter 14

Taylor's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: There is only three chapters left to go.

Today I'm on my way to see Chris. It's been three days since I have been suspended and I go to the hospital everyday since. Sometimes his mom has to tell me to go home. I just want to be there for him.

I was outside the hospital when my phone rang.

    "Hey Leah."

    "Hey Taylor. Are you going to see Christian today?"

    "Yeah. I'm outside the hospital now."

    "Okay. I'll call back later to see how everything is going. I have class." She said and hung up.

I continued my walk into the hospital. I checked in with the lady at the desk. I was walking down the hallway, when two nurse rushed pass me. What's going on? They seem to be in a hurry. I was almost at his room, when I see two more nurses run in. What? I speed up. I was at the door when I saw Ms. Blake.

    "Ms. Blake. What's going on?" I asked.

   "Oh, Taylor. He's awake."

   "What?" I asked. I can't breathe.

Breathe Taylor breathe.

   "Christian's awake. He woke up just now. The doctors are checking on him." She told me. She was crying. I pulled her into a hug.

He's awake. My baby is awake. I feel like crying. So I did. I'm so happy. I prayed everyday that he'll wake up and he finally has.

The doctors told us that everything was normal, he was stable and we can go see him now. Ms. Blake was the first to go in. I followed after.

When I entered, Christian was hugging his mother like his life depended on it, and so was she to him. They were both crying. It took a while until they saw me.

    "Taylor." Chris spoke. He looked sad and guilty. What was that for? He did nothing wrong.

   "Hey Chris. You doing good?" I know that's a stupid question to ask, but I don't know. It felt weird to communicate with him now.

   "Umm, good, I guess." He said and awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

Ms. Blake was looking at us suspiciously. I would too with the way we were acting.

    "What's going on? You two are acting weird. What happened?"

We explained everything to her. We told her about our relationship, Bryan and what lead up to Chris accident.

    "So you two are together huh?" Out all the things we told her, that's what she focused on. "Well, I kind of had my suspicions. You two are really bad at hiding things, well when it comes to me of course."

    "So you're okay with us being together?" Christian asked

    "Yes. As long as you're happy, I am too." She said and pulled both of us into a hug. "Wait. Does your parents know about this Taylor?" She turned to look at me.

    "Umm, well not really." I said.

    "Well, it would be nice if you told them. After you do that you can continue your relationship with my son." I nodded.

We talked, then I called Leah and told her. She and Connie came right after school. She cried. And hugged Chris. We had to tell her to not hug him to death.

We laughed and hangout as usual, but this time we were in a hospital. Leah had to go home, so Connie left with her. Ms. Blake was talking to the doctors to finalize things, so I was left with Chris.

I went and lied down beside him. We cuddled. We stayed in a comfortable silence for a few minutes.

   "Hey I missed you." I was the first to speak.

   "I know, I could hear you every time you spoke to me, but I couldn't respond, my body just wasn't cooperating. I was awake, but not awake, you know." I nodded, but I didn't know. I had no clue what it must be like for him in that coma. Hearing us, but not being able to respond.

   Christian, I love you." I told him. I finally told him. I wanted him to know, there will never be a perfect time, so why not now.

He sat there without saying a word.

   "You don't have to say it back. It's okay if you don't fe—"

    "I love you too Taylor." He said, cutting me off. I was speechless. I was happy, but I was a loss for words to express my happiness. The boy I love, loves me back. This is one of the happiest day of my life.

I pulled him into a hug and kissed him. We got back to cuddling and chatting about random things. I told him I was suspended. He was mad at me. Ugh I love him so much.

We stayed like that until I was told that it's time to go home. I told him I'll be back tomorrow. I miss him already. I know I'm so clingy now, but I don't care.

I got home. Mom was in the kitchen, dad was on the couch watching some movie with Molly. I remembered what Ms. Blake said. I had to tell them about Chris and I.

    "Hey Mom, could you come to the living room for a bit, please?" She came in few minutes later. I got her to sit on the couch beside dad. "Umm, well you all know that I'm gay, right." They nodded. "Okay then. I have something to tell you."

    "What is it honey?" My mom asked.

    "You know Christian. Well we are not just friends, well not anymore. We are in a relationship. He's my boyfriend." It felt good to tell them this. " We have been together for over a month now."

    "Oh okay. I got worried for nothing." What? "I know sweetheart. You are pretty obvious. The way you talk to that boy for hours on end. You always go out with him. We kind of guessed it." What? Do mothers have some weird psychic powers or something.

Or maybe you and Christian were just to obvious and bad at hiding things.

After I talked with my parents and listen to Molly teasing me about having a boyfriend, in a friendly way, like how you would also tease a boy when he has a girlfriend. She was just being an annoying sister, but I love her.

I went on my room and took a shower. I dressed in my bed clothes. I took out my phone and texted Chris. His mom gave him his phone, so we could communicate with him and so he doesn't get lonely at night.

We texted back and forth for almost two hours. Some may wonder, what do they have to talk about so much. Nothing, nothing at all. But we just love talking to each other. I put away my phone and turn off the lights. I feel so happy. I finally got back the love of my life and I'll make sure nothing like this happens again.

~~~~~~~
A/N: So everything is good. Christian is awake and they finally told each other they love them and told their families. This book is coming to an end. I hope you liked it so far. I don't know, I have a feeling it's not that enjoyable. You tell me. Please follow, read, vote and comment. Thank you😊