Epilogue

Christian's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last chapter.

    "Hey Christian you look out of it today. Are you feeling okay?" I looked at Leah. We were in the library, studying for our upcoming chemistry test.

    "Umm, yeah I'm fine. It's just the tests are taking it's toll on me. I'll be okay soon." I told her. She seems unconvinced, then she shrugged and went back to her books. I sighed and went back to mine.

I was off my game recently. You see when it comes to this time of year, I get a little depressed. My birthday. It has never been a happy time for me, ever since my sixth one, you know. I don't like it, I always asked my mom not to get me anything and to pretend like it's not my birthday. I'll rather forget it, than celebrate it. It's in three days, this weekend. I hope no one realizes. I don't want to bother with it.

Leah's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~

*Surprise!! One time ever, Leah's POV*

Christian has been out of it all day or more like all week. He said he's okay, but I don't believe him. Something's up and I will find out.

After school we went over to his house. All four of us. We are going to study. When we got there, I left the group and they made their way to Christian's room. I went to his mom's office. I knocked.

    "Come in."

   "Umm, hey Ms. Blake." I greeted.

   "Oh hello Leah and I already told you guys to call me Karen. What can I do for you?" She asked while looking back down to her papers.

    "Well, you see. It's about Christian."

    "What about him? Did something happen?" She said with panic in her voice.

    "No no. It nothing bad, I think. It's just he has been acting weird recently and when I asked him about it he said he was okay, but I don't believe him."

She sighed. "Oh, I know why he's like that. It has nothing to do with you or anyone else. It's just the way he get around this time of year."

    "Why?" I asked. I really wanted to know.

   "I don't know if I should tell you this, but I can see you really care for my son. Well, it has to do with his birthday. It's in three days." Three days!? How could I forget that. It's this weekend.

    "But why is he so depressed about it."

    "Leah, I'm pretty sure you heard about what happened at Christian's sixth birthday party, right?" Oh darn, I forgot about that. " From the look on your face you remember. Well ever since that day, Christian never celebrates his birthday. He tells me to pretend that it doesn't exist. So that's how it has been since then. To him there is no good or happy memories tied to his birthday."

   "No wonder he's like that. What can I do?" I asked. I want to do something for him.

    "There's really nothing you can do. He doesn't want his birthday to be a big deal, he just wants to forget it."

    "I want at least do something. I know he'll probably hate it, but I want to. What about a party?"

    "I don't think that's a great idea Leah. He'll freak out."

    "No, not a big party. Just us. Us and our families, just people Christan knows and feel comfortable around." She looks like she's thinking it over.

    "Fine I think that would be okay. Maybe we can help get some good memories in for his birthday. We can't tell him yet. He'll find some way to avoid it, if he knows."