Chapter 14

• Calum P.O.V •

Michael was going to be at my house soon. I asked him to pick us up some food before he got here.

I didn't know what was up with him, but I intended to find out. He seems really hurt about something and I just want to take his mind off of everything. I don't want to see him like that, not that I've seen him much anyway. I've had to hang out with Ashton and other girls a lot because Michael spends all his time with Luke now. and hell yeah I'm jealous.

When I heard the doorbell i raced to my door. "Hey mate! Come in please." I greeted him. I watched as he set the food on the table and took a seat on a stool. Awkwardly.

"Yeah, hey. I got us some pasta from that small food place a few blocks away."

"Oh! Did you get the secret sauce?" They had a secret sauce that was used on the spaghetti, it was actually really good.

"Of course" Michael replied wiggling his eyebrows. That's what I've been missing.

While we were eating I'm pretty sure I got sauce on my shirt way too many time to count and Michael's face looked like sauce mania from slurping up the noodles. But he still looked good, quite adorable actually.

"So, what are we going to do?" he asked with his mouth full.

"First off, we can't do anything until we finish our food and then clean up. But when that's done, we are going to the movies." I thought it was a good plan. Watching a nice film and not really talking. So the subject of what's bothering can't come up, although i really want to know. I'll ask some other time.

"Oh. Good. What movie?"

"I was thinking, Guardians of the Galaxy. But like, In freaking IMAX 3D because.. why not?" I said with a small laugh.

He looked genuinely excited. "Oh My bananas! That movie looks great, this is perfect. Hurry and change your shirt so we can go go go."

"Whoa man. Hakuna your tatas. Give me seven minutes, give or take."

When we got there it wasn't too full because the movie came out a few weeks ago. I got us candy and slurpees, so Michael went ahead. When I got into the actual theatre I couldent see him so I thought fuck it and yelled out his name. To which he responded with an arm wave and a bird noise.

***

"That was fucking incredible. I cannot get over how good that actually was holy hell." Michael really couldnt stop talking about the movie, even after we got back to my place.

"Yeah man. That soundtrack though."

"Oh My. Hello dad, hello mom I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb. geez I love that song." (now I say no more in case you either haven't watched it or you thought it was a horrible movie.)

I suggested we play mariokart on the Wii and he said sure. That game may be kid friendly, but it can sure fire up some serious arguments. People loose friendships over this game when it gets too heated man.

"If you get those first place bomb thingys, I will be damned if you use it on me." Michael said as I was putting the game in.

"Yeah, Yeah. We'll see about that big boy." I replied with a smirk. "Whose to say you'll even make it to first place."

"Ha ha, very funny."

We played for a couple hours and yeah we argued. When I use a red shell its cheating but when he uses the red shell its 'making good use out of his resources'. Pretty sure we threw a handful of insults at each other. His go-to was fruitloop dingus because apparently he has been watching too many American reality game shows.

Now we were watching some movie that I wasn't really paying attention to because I was debating whether or not I should put some moves on Mikey. I put an arm around his shoulder and turnded his face toward mine.

"Stop, Calum." he said looking down.

"uh, why? I though this is what we did. I'm sorry." I really was confused but if that's what he wanted.

"Not now, okay. I can't do that right now. And especially not with you."

"What is that supposed to mean? Did I do something?"

"No, no. I'm just out if it."

It stayed quiet for awhile so I decided to lighten the mood. "Well if you can't with me, try out Izzy. She's pretty good at giving head so I 10/10 recommend. Did her a couple times this month actually." I gave him a wink, but apparently that was the wrong thing to say because he just got up and left. Not even a bye. And he left his stupid phone.

If the reason he's been upset is me, the. I want to fix it. Not onky is he a good friend but I like him too much not to. As much as I try not to admit it to myself.

***

"How'd it go with Michael? Figure out what's wrong?" I was on my way to the arcade with Ashton.

"No. The question didn't even come up. I'm just worried. I miss him so much but all he fucking does is hang out with fucking Luke." Ashton gave me a knowing face. so what, I was jealous. You can't just go from constantly flirting and other things to not talking to me at all.

"Calm down. You know Luke is like his closest friend out of all of us. You sound like you have a crush on him."

"I just care okay. He left his stupid phone at my house too and there's no class tomorrow."

Ashton shrugged. "Just show up at his house at a decent time and give it to him. No biggie."

"Yeah you're right. I'll go tomorrow i guess."

***

I've been knocking in his door for what felt like forever now. I was about to leave but i heard Michaels dad call my name.

"Calum, what are you doing here?" he said with a soft smile.

"Uh, Michael left his phone at my house yesterday. I'm here to return it."

"Oh that boy! Come on in and have something to drink. I think he's in his bedroom with Luke. They've been hanging out more than usual latkdy. Do you know if there's anything between them or amything?"

I walked in, not sure what to say. I hope not. "Uh, no. Not that i know of."

"Well alright. Just head up there."

I knocked in the door a couple of times but heard nothing so I just barged in.

Both Michael and Luke were asleep. Luke had his arms tight around Michael and I couldnt help the pang of rage that coursed through me. Honestly, that should be me holding him but if this is how its going to be then shit. I needed to talk to him. Ask what's up with him and Luke. Its just...odd. its not like I want him to he mine or anything. We just had a deal ya know. I set Michaels phone next to his PC, closed the door, said bye to his father and headed home.

~~~

If you understood the Fruit loop Dingus reference then I love u & you deserve a free pet unicorn and free candy.

&& if you do understand it, I need your opinion on absolutely everything that's going on in that house rn bc shit.

-D