10/23/18

Ever wanted to get a look inside the mind of a very disorganized Wattpad writer? Ever wanted to know some writing tips and tricks from your girl Blue? Well...I don't know why you would! But if you do, stay tuned for more!

Hello, Little Jeeps!

So someone in the last part of this rambling book, suggested that I give writing tips.

I honestly don't know if this will be any good because I'm not confident in my writing or even think it's that great, but I will try my best to walk you through my process a little.

Let me start off by saying, I'm not an organized writer. I didn't start making outlines at all until a couple months ago. And the outlines I make now are super super rough.

For the most part, I'm a fly by the seat of my pants writer. A lot of my stories and characters unravel and reveal themselves to me as I write them. The stories I've planned out the most are PB, SK, and BT: I also think those will be my most successful stories when they're finished.

Ok let me start off with how I write a story...

Step One: you have to have an idea.

You can't say "I want to write something, what should I write about?" That will not work. You have to have something you're passionate about and an idea that you constantly keep thinking about.

Maybe some of you don't want to hear that, but that's my honest opinion.

Don't start writing stories because you want to become famous or something, you have to have a passion for stories and want to tell your own.

You just need a basic idea that you really like and then you can go from there.

Step Two: sit with the idea for awhile.

Think about more aspects about the story. Start planning out what you want to happen in the first chapter. Think more about your characters.

I don't have a set time that you have to do this for, just think about it for awhile. Make sure that it's an idea that you think will be successful.

Is it something that you really care about? Are the characters stuck in your head all the time?

I know I'm really passionate about something when I'm listening to music while I'm driving and can't get my characters out of my head. And then when a song comes on that goes well with the story, I freak out and get super excited.

Step Three: start writing.

Now this can be very basic. Sometimes, if there's just a very specific scene that won't get out of my head I'll write some of that. Or I'll write the opening scene.

Just write as much as you want or as little as you want.

Now...do you still like the story?

If so, that's great.

If not, that's okay too.

If you don't like the story anymore, it's not the end of the world. You may just need to think about it more or this might mean that something better is going to come along. Just keep thinking, maybe this original idea can spark something else that you like way better. I definitely have a few of those, SK for instance.

But if you do still like the story, then I have some more advice.

So you've continued writing and now you've got a whole chapter done. That's great. You've made a big first step in getting this story going.

And now you're like, "I can't wait to post it on Wattpad for the world to see!"

And I say, "No."