E01: Where Does the River End?

LALISA

🍂

Wayji—a small town with big secrets. It comes off to others as an innocent and peaceful place where you can enjoy the beauty of the countryside. But hiding deep within the woods are all the lies, dirty deeds, scandals and murder they've buried for everyone to forget.

But that's the thing about secrets. It's just dying to come out...

"Ya, Lisa!"

I jumped at the sudden call of my name, forcedly pulled out of the clouds and greeted by the boxy smile of Kang Taehyung—literally the most awesome guy in all of Wayji. (which I mean in the most platonic way ever)

"You should stop this whole daydreaming thing," he said as he sat on my desk. "It'll ruin your reputation."

"Ha-ha, that's hilarious," I sarcastically said, rolling my eyes before punching him.

"Now that's the Kwon Lalisa I know," he chuckled while massaging his arm. "Wow. That kickboxing thing you're doing with your dad is totally paying off. You hit like a dude!"

"No," I teased. "You're just a whiny little bitch."

He fake gasped and acted like he was deeply offended. But one thing about Kang Taehyung is that he's not cut out for acting. He's too transparent.

"So, is the party still on?" I asked as I gathered my things and stood up. We both got out of the classroom, walking towards our lockers.

He nodded in response.

"Yup! The tents are all set in the woods and we have enough pizza to feed a whole fleet. I talked to Yoongi and Jimin about it and they said the only thing missing was booze. And hearing the word booze, I wanted to check that with you."

I stopped on my tracks.

"Booze as in Beer?"

"Yup."

"Then go for it," I answered. "What's a party with no booze?"

Taehyung's forehead scrunched up.

"A decent one?" He crossed his arms. "Seriously, Lis. We'll get in big trouble again if something happens. We all know how the serpents are when they have even a single drop of alcohol in their system."

"That's why we set the party on a Friday night and in the woods so no one can trash anyone's neighborhood like last time. We'll have no complaints whatsoever."

"Still—"

"Tae, what can go wrong? We've got this. And It's the end of 10th grade. We'll be juniors next summer so we have to at least celebrate not repeating another year—"

A sudden weight on her shoulder almost threw her off.

"Yo princess," the guy said. No one calls her that except for... Dong fvcking Jimin. Southside High's very own Casanova. "So the party tonight's a go? There's this new chick I wanna lay my hands on tonight."

This made Taehyung's forehead crease. "New chick? There's no one new here except for— you fvcking asshole!"

With thay Jimin sprinted away from Taehyung's grip using me as his shield.

"She's my fvcking cousin you cunt!"

Oh. Kang Seulgi. The new girl visiting town for the summer who happens to be Taehyung's cousin.

"Yeah, so? I'm such a good friend that I'm willing to offer her a good time in this boring town of ours," Jimin defended. "Plus she looks like a good 99th."