E05: Pretty Girls Have One

LALISA

🍂

"Uhm... should we address the elephant in the room?"

"Gosh Tae! She's too gorgeous to be called an elephant!" Jimin exclaimed before turning towards the black-haired girl. "I'm sorry about that. You're very beautiful. You have the most beautiful face I've ever seen."

"I'd doubt you'll still say that when you meet my boyfriend," Jisoo—Jungkook's eldest sister, said making Jimin's mouth fly open. "He has prettier face than me."

We all laughed out so loud with the exception of the two. Jungkook lightly patted a wounded Dong Jimin. Nobody would've guessed that this goddess-like beauty had a sharp tongue to match.

"Well, a girl as pretty as you would surely have a lot of admirers," Jimin said trying to save face. "So it's not a surprise that you already have a boyfriend."

Oh Jimin...

"Well a woman doesn't necessarily need a man to be called pretty, don't you think?" She said smiling without breaking eye contact. Then she turned towards us. "I'm just here to fetch my brother since our parents are finally back from that long ass vacation of theirs."

Jungkook sighed. Something tells me he's not a fan of his parents.

"I must say, the southside ain't as bad as what they say it was," she added.

"Why? Did you expect abandoned buildings and barb wires?" Yoongi mocked.

"I expected more of pitchforks and clubs," she said sarcastically. "But your leather jackets make up for that. Why a snake of all creatures? Aren't gangs loyal to each other? Why use the prominent symbol for traitors?"

The three guys rolled their eyes while Jungkook face palmed. I on the other hand liked her spunk.

"Noona that's—"

"You do have a fair point," I intervened. "But a snake symbolizes wisdom in Chinese so maybe that's where the symbol is from. Or maybe it just looks really cool and tough. Might scare off some faint hearted siders."

This made the older girl laugh heartily before turning towards he baby brother.

"My, my. Now I know why you like it here," she said earning a scowl from her younger brother. "Anyways, we should head out, Kook. Mom's preparing dinner so she expects us all to be there."

"But noona, I can't," Jungkook insisted. "We just found a lead to Tzuyu's death—"

The mere mention of her name made Jisoo knot her forehead.

"Tzuyu's death? That's what you've been up to?" Them she turned towards the rest of us. "You people are solving Tzuyu's case? I can't let you involve my baby brother into trouble—"

"It's not their fault, noona," he cut her off. "I insisted. I want to know who killed her."

"But didn't she kill herself? I mean, that's what they said during her funeral."

"They found her phone," I explained. "She was supposed to be meeting someone by the bridge so that changes everything."

Jisoo pursed her lips together—eyeing the five people in front of her.

"So what do you guys have so far?" She asked surprising them—well except for Jungkook. He knew his noona can't be mad at him.

"Just Tzuyu's medical records," I answered making her knotted forehead even worse.