E11: Sacrifice

LALISA

🥀

My head spun as the new information from Kim Namjoon—Taehyung's brother, started to come out.

Apparently he's been captured by some Ghoulies for weeks and tortured him. He escaped—barely, and immediately went into hiding.

Their mother was on a two-month long seminar in Jeju so he didn't worry much about her. But the Ghoulies found out that he had a brother.

So he immediately went out of hiding to find Taehyung go away from town for the time being. Or at least to warn him. Because he did not want his only brother to get hurt because of him.

But he didn't know that Kang Taehyung is a serpent. The ghoulies would be stupid if they'd even think of laying a finger on him. Starting another war between the two gangs would only mean doom for them because the serpents always have the upper hand when it came to fights. Moreover, the sheriff himself is a serpent.

But that wasn't the disturbing part of his story. It was about killing Chou Tzuyu.

"Tzuyu asked me if I knew a way to get some fast cash around town," he started making Jennie clench her fists. "She told me she's planning on leaving town and needed fast money. She looked really desperate and since I owed her, I helped her out and wired her some deliveries to the south. I didn't think it would be a problem since she came from there.

"She got some money after the first two shipments and I told her to stop before she gets in too deep but she said it wasn't enough," he continued. "She needed to make one last delivery before hitching town. But..."

"But what? What happened?"

"After her last delivery, she asked me to get her a car and leave it just a couple meters away from the Border Bridge," he stated. "I did what she asked me and left it where she wanted me to but I forgot my phone inside the car so I had to go back. Then I saw something. Something I shouldn't have."

"What? What was it?!"

It was a good thing Jungkook caught my arm before I could slam it on the table. As I've said, I don't have any patience within me.

"Tzuyu... some masked men—ghoulies because of their tats, abducted her before she could even leave. But there was a woman with them. I wasn't able to see her face but I know she had long black hair and she was wearing a white coat."

"No girls are allowed in the ghoulie gang," I said. "That means—"

"That person paid those gang members to abduct Tzuyu," he answered. "But before they took her I saw her yelling at her. Like she was arguing or something. I heard her say she's already leaving."

"Yes, we were leaving town together," Jennie said. "We agreed to meet there after she went to the Serpent Party around eight—"

"I left the car there at exactly five in the afternoon," he said shocking her. "She never told me she's leaving town with someone. And it looked like she had no plans on waiting because the car was already moving away when the ghoulies blocked her."

"No. Tzuyu wouldn't leave me—"

"Here." Namjoon took out a small phone and handed it to Jennie also a bomber jacket. "That's her delivery phone and her jacket. I think you'll need it more than I would."