E13: The Tale of the Two Sisters

LALISA

🥀

Jungkook and I left Tzuyu in the bunker for her to think things through. He left his phone with her so that she can call us when she's ready to come back.

"Why didn't you tell her about the jacket, Lis?" He asked.

"We need to make sure, Kook," I said as we walked—me more like limped, towards my house. "Can you call the Jen and Jisoo over? I need more heads to figure this out. I'll call Yoongi over too."

"Sure," he said as we stepped inside the living room. Dad was surprised to see me with middy clothes and a swollen ankle.

"What the hell just happened?!" He blurted out—cup of coffee on his hand almost got thrown. "Jesus! I leave for a week and you get a boyfriend then go home like this?!"

"I'm fine dad," I said as Jungkook helped me sit on the couch. "We're close. We'll prove uncle Daesung's innocent."

"You're doing what?!" Dad looked genuinely furious. "Kwon Lalisa. You shouldn't put your nose into serpent business—"

"Serpent Business?" I immediately asked. "What does the serpents have to do with this?"

He clammed up. Realizing he unknowingly spilt something that shouldn't be. He took the ice pack and handed it over to Jungkook.

"If you want my blessing to date my daughter, don't ever let her out of your sight," he said coldly—not even sparing me a glance. "Do not leave this house 'til I get back."

My brows furrowed as dad grabbed his leather serpent jacket and left the house. My father's acting strange.

"He's just worried," Jungkook assured me. "I can see you're suspecting something. He's your father and seeing you like this worries him."

"No, Kook," I said—still looking at the door. "I once fell off a tree and he didn't react much. I'm a Kwon. And trouble is part of my whole existence. But why now—of all time, is he acting all paranoid?"

Jungkook sighed and took the jacket out of the backpack we hid underneath the couch.

"Whatever it is, we need to figure out what Jackson meant when he said this jacket has the evidence we need," he said making me sigh and agree.

A few minutes passed when Jennie and Jisoo. Yoongi and Hoseok followed.

Jungkook explained everything we found out to them—shocking Jennie at most. She's on the verge of crying.

"Where is she? I need to see her—"

"She'll call when she's ready, Jen," I said. "But to be honest, I can't feel it. I don't think she's really Tzuyu."

"So that's why you didn't tell her about the jacket." I nodded at Jungkook. "Come to think of it, why would she need to have Jackson's evidence? With her DNA, she can prove she's actually Tzuyu and tell the officials the truth. Her being alive is evidence that it wasn't her who died."

"Exactly."

"Then why'd you let her go? We could turn her in to the police—"