E10: This Town Is Really Crazy

LALISA

🍂

"You're Park Chaeyoung? As in Jin's little sister?"

The red-haired girl nodded. After calming her down and changing into something decent, we went straight to the bleachers watching the cheerleaders—with Hoseok and Jennie, practice.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Australia?" I asked confusing her. "Your brother told us."

"So that's what our parents told them?" She scoffed. "Typical. I never set foot on that place. I was trapped in this place called Sisters of Quiet Mercy for more than a year now. I just escaped so I was secretly staying in the school around a week now."

"Wait. I know that place," Taehyung said. "That place is like a crack house disguised as a monastery. They violate every human rights in that place."

"Yes. You're right. That place is nuts," she confirmed. "That's why I escaped. It was really hard but I managed by going through the sewers."

"You escaped, yes, but why didn't you call your brother? Or your sister?" I asked.

"I don't have any phone with me," she reasoned out. "I only managed to nick some cash from one of the pastors that counsels us for a bus ticket and a change in hair color so they wouldn't find me easily. But I couldn't go near them because I'm sure our parents are keeping a close eye on them."

"But why would your parents put you there against your will? I mean, what kind of parent wants to put their kid in a crack house?" Taehyung asked.

"They wanted to straighten me up." She sighed. "They found out about Jen and I so they made up this rumor that I was being bullied—by her. Jin and Jihyo believed it because I didn't get the chance to defend her. Long story short, whatever it was that my brother told you, it's all a lie my parents said to hide the fact that I was once gay."

"Was?"

"Jen and I... we're best friends. We loved each other but I wasn't sure if I really liked her like that. We actually had an argument about it before my parents dragged me to that place," she explained. "It was more like an experimental thing for me to be honest."

"I called Jisoo to tell Jin," Jennie said as she walked towards us. She was looking at us but didn't spare a glance at Chaeyoung. I guess she's still upset about it.

"Jen..." Chaeyoung said softly. You could see how Jennie slightly flinched. But she instantly recovered and threw her her signature bitch face.

"So how's Australia?" She asked. "I heard you go by Rosè now."

The red-haired girl heaved a sigh. "Jen... I know the last time we talked wasn't good but you need to hear me out. I'm not like you. I didn't want to hurt you—"

"I don't need your explanation, Chaeyoung," she said monotonic. "It's done and a lot of things happened the past year you were MIA. I'm already over you."

"But Jen—"

"I still have practice," she cut her off. "Jin will be here in a few minutes. Hoseok and I will just meet you guys at Yang's. And Lis, Jungkook's picking you up. We don't want you riding that death machine if you're gonna be my sister-in-law."

"Ya! Betsy's 100% safe!"

Jennie just rolled her eyes at him before turning around. Chaeyoung looked really affected and she's almost in tears. I can already see that she and I have a lot in common.

🍂

"So you and Jennie," I started as Chaeyoung started to sip her vanilla shake. The two of us sitting at one booth while Taehyung, Jungkook and Yoongi sat on another one giving us privacy. "What happened? And Hoseok's involved?"