x

They had built an entirely new arena on the edge of the school grounds just for the first task. Surrounding a rocky terrain was stands to seat a couple of thousand which I could already imagine filled to the brim with cheering students, signs and all. I worked on a poster with Harriet last night in our dorm, as Cedric had chosen to go to bed early. We painted the sign yellow with black letters stating 'Go Diggory', I hadn't told Cedric yet as I wanted it to be a surprise, a push of good luck so to say.

As we wander into the arena, a tall, steady man with a head full of gleaming blonde hair approaches us. Ludo Bagman gave us a delightful grin as he shook Cedric's hand.

"Cedric Diggory, my pleasure!" he exclaimed, as Cedric eagerly shook his hand. I looked over at my boyfriend, who seemed somewhat starstruck in front of this particular former quidditch player.

He struggled with words as he greeted him back, "Mr Bagman, it's all my pleasure. I'm a huge fan of the Wasps."

Mr Bagman chuckled with joy, "Please, call me Ludo. Yes, I've heard your quite the quidditch player yourself. I'm sure the wasps could use a player like you."

Cedric's face lit up with pure ecstasy upon Ludo's words; I had never seen him quite that happy with himself as when one of his childhood heroes had given him such a compliment.

Ludo's glance turned to me, "Ludo Bagman, nice to meet you." he shook my hand, slightly less eagerly than Cedric's, but what was I to expect.

"Elise, Elise Griffin. Lovely to meet you." I smiled as I slowly shook his hand.

After Cedric and Ludo engaged in casual conversation, we headed into the champions' tent. Besides a couple of moderators and staff, we were the only ones inside, and we were directed to an intersection where Cedric was able to prepare for the later task. It was only just then he let his nerves hit him, as he frantically began to race around the room muttering spells.

I went up to him, grabbing his hands and turning him round to face me. His lean figure was shadowing over mine. I affectionally rubbed his shoulder, "It's going to be alright, you know. Nobody has prepared for this more than you have."

A rosy blush formed on his face, he was flattered but doubtful. "You don't know that, El."

"Yes, I do." I squeezed his hand, giving him a reassuring smile. "I know you can do this."

"So, how do you feel about the fact that your boyfriend is about to go and slay a dragon?" Harriet passed me the sign we made last night, as she picks up her popcorn and begins to munch on it. The stands were crammed, and if I wasn't the girlfriend of one of the champions, I doubt anyone would have moved up for me.

The nerves about Cedric competing had only just hit me, the prophecy flashing through my mind as my heart raced in my chest. He'll be alright, I assured myself, he has to be.

"I'm terrified if I'm honest."

Harriet places her arm around me, drawing me in for a quick hug. "Don't worry, Cedric's about to go and show everyone how awesome he is!"

I chuckle, "I'm pretty sure everybody already knows that." and it was true, I looked around and saw a sea of yellow and black, the name Diggory painted in a crowd in signs. A stadium full of supporters, it made me warm inside, but shiver at how it might never be enough.

Because if we don't fall in love, he might be dead.

The next thing I know, a cannon blows into the crowd and Cedric emerges from the tent. Immediately we're all cheering and clapping as Cedric's sea grey eyes fall into my gaze, his smile lighting up swiftly. In the background, I hear his name through loudspeakers, people yelling words of support and encouragement. Cedric turns around, focusing his eyes on the prize - the dragon's egg.