Chapter Four

"And if you and I can make it through the night.."

All Draco could do was stare. Stare at the man in front of him who once held so much over his head as a child. His jaw was clenched tightly, teeth grinding together as it took everything and more not to kill the man standing in the door.

"I've just dropped by to see how you are-"

"How dare you!" Draco yelled and Lucius narrowed his eyes at him. "How dare you show up here, and how dare you say it's to see how I am."

Lucious ignored him. "Your Mother has moved to Paris, living among muggles." He scoffed. "She wanted me to drop these off," he placed envelopes on the ground and slid them into the flat. "I wanted to let you know, that though you've disappointed me,"

"I've disappointed you?! How have I disappointed you?! I'm not the one who put his son in the same house as a murderer."

"Draco, he's not worth it." Harry said, putting a hand on Draco's shoulder, flinching and stepping back when Draco roughly pushed his hand away.

"Potter." Lucius said, sounding almost surprised. "I didn't know you were here."

"Yes, I am. And you will be leaving." Harry replied, dragging Draco backwards and placing a hand on the door, slamming it shut. Harry looked through the peephole, watching as Lucius snarled before apparatting away. He turned around to see Draco's jaw clenched painfully shut, a sneer present as he stared off into nothingness with his hands balled into fists at his sides. "Draco." He whispered. "Are you okay?"

Draco simply walked away, down the hall and into the guest room, slamming the door shut. The loud noise came around the flat, causing Harry to jump. He sighed, pressing his lips into a hard line as he thought about how Lucius could've possibly found out where Draco lived. That is, unless Narcissa told him. Harry turned towards the door, noticing the letters on the floor. He leaned down and picked the small three-letter stack, walking into the kitchen and placing them on the counter before heading back to the hall, heading to the guest room.

"Draco?" He called, Draco hearing him from behind the door. The blond grabbed the small baggies of floo power he hid from Harry under the guest bed, pulling some out. He heard Harry call for him again, but instead of answering he floo to the department of the Daily Prophet writers. It was late in the evening, almost midnight, and even though only a few people were still at the ministry he knew one person in particular would be in that group.

He wandered around the department, searching in cubicles and private offices for who he was looking for. He soon found the right office, knocking (more so banging) on the door.

"Merlin, what do you want?!" Someone groaned, the door swinging open to reveal a thin-figured girl with
what was once short hair above her neck grown out to shoulder length.

"Pansy." Draco sighed, leaning forward to wrap his arms around Pansy's middle and pull her into a hug.

"Draco, what are you doing here? And so late?" She asked, returning the hug. He held her tightly, hiding his face in the crook of her neck.

"It's my father." He mumbled. She pulled back, holding him at arms length.

"Your father?"