Chapter Seven

"You stole a part of me and I'm scared I'll never be the same."

Contentment could only last so long.

It wasn't that they were unhappy, no. It was the idea of Harry having to sit in a cell with someone who had tortured him to the point of unconsciousness that made them worried for what the new day would hold.

When Harry and Draco had woke in the early morning hours, cold air seeping through the cracked open window in their bedroom, Harry could sense the difference this day would hold. When both he and Draco showered and gotten ready for work, they noticed a letter was conveniently on the floor by their door. It was written in Pansy's legible, and quite elegant, scroll.

"Harry,
                I've been informed that you have to speak with Amycus Carrow come this afternoon. I wish you the best of luck and hope you're able to get the information you need. If you need a convincing helper, I'll be in my office all day.

                                       x Pansy Parkinson."

That was what would be the difference in the day. Harry had his first meeting as Head Auror with a criminal before trials and nervous was such an understatement when it came to how he felt about it. He hadn't been informed by the ministry about it, and to see that Pansy found out before him made him even more unsettled. As he wandered the kitchen, food on a plate in his hand, Draco watched with a subtle, almost empathetic, smile.

"It'll be fine, Harry." He assured.

"You think?" Harry asked, biting on his bottom lip as he paced the kitchen.

"Yes. There will be guards. I mean, it's Azkaban. I doubt they'd leave you alone with him considering not only that you are head Auror but someone he just - two days ago - used an unforgivable on."

"Okay." Harry sighed. "Okay."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Draco asked, raising from his seat at the kitchen table, fingers wrapping gently around Harry's wrist as he stopped the man from pacing.

"No, it's fine. I'll be fine." Harry assured, smiling softly at Draco. The grey-eyed man nodded, returning the smile.

"All right. Eat. I'm going to go in, return some of the vials I took."

Harry nodded. "Okay." Draco pressed a quick kiss to Harry's lips before leaving the kitchen, putting his shoes on and walking out the door. Harry sat down at the kitchen table, finally eating some of the food on the plate he had been pacing around with as he tapped his foot on the floor subconsciously. He supposed it would all go well if his Auror training had done him any good in the department of actually dealing with the trials of people like Crow. It didn't take away the fact that he was behind nervous, though.

After Harry had finished his breakfast, the ravenette collected the papers he had brought home a few days prior and headed out the door of the flat, locking it before apparating to the Ministry. Although many people used floo power to arrive at the Ministry, he found apparating much easier to do, even if he got lightheaded sometimes. Harry headed off to the Auror department to collect more papers that he'd need in Azkaban for his talk with Crow, running into Ginny when he entered his office.

"Harry!" She exclaimed.

"Ginny! What are you doing here?" Harry asked, moving around his desk to search the drawers.