Chapter Fourteen

"I need you like no other.."

Three weeks.

That's how long Draco had been gone. Not a few hours, not a day.. three weeks. Harry was, needless to say, a mess. Everyone was back to work from vacation except from Draco and the questions that awaited Harry were ones he should've prepared for. Not that they were bad, but they were intrusive. Clara had bothered him all of one day, begging to know where Draco had gone. Why? Without Draco, they had no way of acquiring potions. Sure, Blaise was a good healer, but Draco knew practically everything about every ingredient and every potion in the world. When Harry finally got Clara to give up, that's when Blaise began to bother him.

"Potter!" He called from across the Auror department, Harry lifting his head to look past his open office door. He groaned and muttered things to himself as he stood, walking out of his office to Blaise.

"What, Zabini?"

"Where the hell is Draco?!" He exclaimed.

"Last I spoke to him, he was visiting his mother." Harry said, awfully annoyed.

"And when was that? Do you know when he's coming back?"

"Zabini, I don't keep tabs on him, all right? He's probably still with Narcissa. Why don't you just go find out yourself?"

"Because I'm wondering why you haven't!"

Harry huffed. "What do you mean?"

"Your his fiancé! He hasn't been to work since vacation had ended, you don't seem to know whether or not he actually is with Narcissa nor do you seem to be worried."

"Why should I be? I'm sure he's fine." But of course, Harry was lying. Straight through his teeth.

"Merlin, Potter. For someone who apparently loves him so much, you sure don't seem all too affected."

Harry sighed, waving a hand as to signal the conversation was over before he walked away, ignoring Blaise's sound of protest. He shut his office door, sat in the chair at his desk, head on his arms that rested on said desk and cried. He cried and he cried because he wasn't sure. He wasn't sure where Draco was and he didn't know when or if he was coming back.

Draco wasn't sure either. He was desperate to go back to Harry, to be with him, to marry him. But at the same time, he couldn't stand the idea of being someone Harry couldn't bear to look at anymore. What would he do? Sleep on the sofa for the rest of his life? Get up earlier for work just so Harry didn't run into him while getting ready? Draco didn't want that. What he wanted was something perfect. A happy relationship, with rarely any arguing or fighting, sleeping by the fireplace, staying home and cuddling for hours because they were together. Sometimes, Draco wished, he could go back to the night they met. He wish he hadn't of insulted Ron or made the comment about some wizarding families - purebloods - being better than others because maybe, just maybe, Harry would've been his friend then.

He didn't waste time dwelling on that fact though. Narcissa has come into the living area with guests before Draco could spin to a huge circle of anxiety over the thoughts consuming his mind. He had sat up, watching as his mother spoke to two girls. They looked about Draco's age and he was curious. Placing the book he had been attempting to read, he stood from the sofa and made his way over to Narcissa. He soon noticed one of the girls. Name? Daphne Greengrass. She had been in the same year as him at Hogwarts and was sorted into Slytherin just like himself.